Sync two Windows computers

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Joe93738

Re: Sync two Windows computers

Post by Joe93738 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:53 pm

I have a desktop with MM on it and recently got a laptop that I'd like to have MM on as well. Is there an easy way to sync libraries between the two computers? I've found several topics on this issue from a year or two ago and the answer was "no," but I didn't see any recent ones and thought I'd ask again.

If this feature doesn't exist (like a cloud sync feature), it would be hugely beneficial to users with more than one computer.

onegear

Re: Sync two Windows computers

Post by onegear » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:33 am

Mox wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:16 pm
Thanks, Jiri. So, to make sure that I understand what you mean by "I think that the cloud sync in MM5 should cover your needs," does this mean I should:
  • install MM5 on both my desktop PC and laptop PC
  • point them both to my cloud music collection, instead of a local collection of my music
  • and then each song file's metadata (ratings, category, etc.) and playlists' data are also stored in the cloud and therefore will be the same on both computers' MM5 after a metadata change on either PC?
A scenario to verify: Let's say I've got MM5 on both computers, both pointing to the same cloud-based music collection. If I play a song on my laptop and add it to a particular custom playlist, and also change its rating from 3 to 4, and then, when I'm back home, if I play the same song on my desktop PC's MM5, it will "know" that the song's rating is now 4, and the custom playlist will now show that song in its list?

Sorry for working hard to be absolutely certain. I don't want to spend a lot of time setting something up based on an assumption that is not correct. Thanks!
I take it by the lack of response that the answer to Mox's scenario is no?