Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

willyvds

Re: Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Post by willyvds »

Thanks, works fine!
benfucius

Post by benfucius »

Hi there. I am a paid user of this addon, and have a question.

I am trying to make a Magic Node that allows for this logic:
  • Date Added > Folder
So far, I've been able to create this, but the trouble is that I cannot figure out how to make the "Date Added" only show yyyy-MM. Currently, it defaults to yyyy-MM-dd. I want the days removed from the end, because this creates too many sub-nodes. Being only by year-month, would consolidate the nodes enough to suffice.

I tried modifying the main .vbs file to remove "-dd" from all "Date Added" instances, but then my nodes broke, so I reverted it. Is there anything else I can do, some new way I haven't thought of, to enable just yyyy-MM for this?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

benfucius wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:44 pmIs there anything else I can do, some new way I haven't thought of, to enable just yyyy-MM for this?
Here is the excerpt from the Usage section of the add--on's web page that could help:
Substr. start
With the Substr. start, Trim and other controls below them you could set which part of the selected field you want to get displayed as the caption of local nodes. The Substr. start control determines the starting position of the substring that should be returned (the corresponding qualifier is Substring start). For example, if some field contains "The Beatles" and if I specify 5 with that control, I will get displayed "Beatles" in the caption of the corresponding node. If the negative number is specified, the first character of the substring is found by counting from the right rather than the left, e.g. with -5 I will get "atles".

Substr. length / Trim
The next control has two captions, depending of the value set by Substr. start control. If Substr. start is zero, the next control has Trim caption; in other cases it is Substr. lenght, but in general their effect is the same: with that control you could set how many characters of the field you want to display from the left to the right (if the Substr. lenght value is positive) or from the right to the left (if it is negative), starting from the character specified by Substr. start (the corresponding qualifier is Trim). If Substr. start is zero, the result will be same as if it is 1. If Substr. lenght is zero, then the whole string is returned starting from the Substr. start in the proper direction.

Examples with the "The Beatles" text:
* Substr. start = 5 and Substr. lenght = 4 shows "Beat";
* Substr. start = -5 and Substr. lenght = 4 shows "atle";
* Substr. start = 5 and Substr. lenght = -4 shows "The ";
* Substr. start = -5 and Substr. lenght = -4 shows "e Be".
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
benfucius

Post by benfucius »

Excellent! That is all I needed to be set on the right track. I was able to implement a Trim and it worked like magic. :) Thank you so much for the fast reply.

One more question:

Is there a way to force the "Import Child Nodes to Playlists" feature to adhere to the order of the Magic Nodes?

Currently I have the node I created earlier to be sorted by Date Added in Descending order. When I then do the import child nodes, so that it automatically creates playlists based on the date that the album/folders are added to MM, it creates the playlists but the order of them is in Ascending order of the Folder names themselves. It does not follow the order of the Magic Node.

Is there some way to force it to do this? I've looked in the Magic Nodes options, but do not see anything that sticks out.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

benfucius wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:55 pmIs there a way to force the "Import Child Nodes to Playlists" feature to adhere to the order of the Magic Nodes?
Are you talking about Export/Import Playlists for Child Nodes add-on? If you do, why would you want to import nodes from Magic Nodes into playlists using that add-on when the Magic Nodes add-on allows that by itself? Did you read the Usage section of the MN web page and its Creating playlists sub-section?

All nodes in the Playlists branch are always sorted alphabetically in ascending order. If you want to get another order of playlists created by Magic Nodes, you could consider a possibility to turn on the Show ordinal numbers option.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
benfucius

Figured it out

Post by benfucius »

Thanks for the clarification. I found your MN web page but wasn't finding the instructions until I found they were on enhanced plugin page. That squared away all my questions, and I've now built my nodes to spec.

Something I noticed along the way:

The "Show ordinal numbers" feature starts 1-9 and then 10 beyond, but when auto-creating playlists with this enabled, the playlists are created in this order: 1,10,11,12,..,2,20,21,22,..,3,30,31 and so forth. Can the vbs (?) be modified to increase the number count so that it is: 01,02,03,...,10,11,12,etc.

Question:

Is it at all possible to make the magic nodes available to MM for Android for syncing *without* needing to build them as playlists? Currently it seems the Android app can sync from "Music" and from "Playlists", but when I tried to make the node under "Music" it doesn't show up anywhere in MMW or MMA.
ZvezdanD

Re: Figured it out

Post by ZvezdanD »

benfucius wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:11 pmThe "Show ordinal numbers" feature starts 1-9 and then 10 beyond, but when auto-creating playlists with this enabled, the playlists are created in this order: 1,10,11,12,..,2,20,21,22,..,3,30,31 and so forth. Can the vbs (?) be modified to increase the number count so that it is: 01,02,03,...,10,11,12,etc.
The playlists created with Magic Nodes, which have the option "Show ordinal numbers" turned on, have the numbers exactly as you want, i.e. 01, 02, 03... If you didn't get them like that, you are doing something wrong.
benfucius wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:11 pmIs it at all possible to make the magic nodes available to MM for Android for syncing *without* needing to build them as playlists? Currently it seems the Android app can sync from "Music" and from "Playlists", but when I tried to make the node under "Music" it doesn't show up anywhere in MMW or MMA.
I don't know about MMA, I am not using it, but nodes in MMW created with Magic Nodes within Music collection should appear there. If you didn't get them, you are doing something wrong again. Maybe you have those nodes disabled in Manage Collections / Edit Media Tree / Collection Options / Tree Nodes.
benfucius

Re: Figured it out

Post by benfucius »

ZvezdanD wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:44 pm The playlists created with Magic Nodes, which have the option "Show ordinal numbers" turned on, have the numbers exactly as you want, i.e. 01, 02, 03... If you didn't get them like that, you are doing something wrong.
I can confirm 100% that it is not inserting a zero in front of the initial nine numbers. I have not changed anything, fresh copy of the plugin/vbs. I simply click "Show ordinal numbers" in the Edit Magic Node box, and the results are 1,2,3 not 01,02,03.
ZvezdanD wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:44 pmI don't know about MMA, I am not using it, but nodes in MMW created with Magic Nodes within Music collection should appear there. If you didn't get them, you are doing something wrong again. Maybe you have those nodes disabled in Manage Collections / Edit Media Tree / Collection Options / Tree Nodes.
I found this and tried it, MMW shows these fine, but MMA does not detect it. Any possibility that nodes can be moved as a child node of Location? I'm taking a guess not, but if so that would be fantastic.
Weatherman

Magic Nodes 5 - would like help in finding a script for sub-genre

Post by Weatherman »

Hi. Can anyone help? I have the latest MagicNodes and I would like to create a node that plays 1 random track from each entry of my Custom5 field. I use my custom5 field as a field to enter sub-genres. For example, the Genre is "Rock" the sub-genre could be "Classic", or "Metal" or "Indie", etc.
So I would like to have a Node that displays 1 random track from each sub-genre (which is Custom5 field.
I have tried copying the script from other Nodes and trying to edit them but I just cannot get it to work. I have one for playing 1 random track from each genre which looks like this:
Songs.ID IN (SELECT Songs.ID FROM Songs, (SELECT DISTINCT IDGenre FROM GenresSongs) AS T1 WHERE Songs.ID IN (SELECT Songs.ID FROM Songs INNER JOIN GenresSongs ON Songs.ID = GenresSongs.IDSong INNER JOIN Genres ON GenresSongs.IDGenre = Genres.IDGenre WHERE GenresSongs.IDGenre = T1.IDGenre ORDER BY Random() LIMIT <Number|Caption:Number of files per Genre|Value:1|MinValue:0|MaxValue:100|ID:1>))

Any help would be appreciated.
Weatherman

Re: Magic Nodes 5 - would like help in finding a script for sub-genre

Post by Weatherman »

Big thanks to ZvezdanD

Editing the script for 1 random file per year......It only bloody worked!! :) :)
Thank you Zvezdan!! Thank you very much. And just to let you know I am very happy with MagicNodes 5 and RegExp...your update works great on my Windows 10 machine. I also love the new layout of RegExp which makes finding what you want so much easier.
Jim
zimmypope

Magic Nodes: Left of function with special characters

Post by zimmypope »

I am trying to make a mask that includes a left of function. I am pretty good at masks but I can't figure this one out. I have song titles that use the '>' character, for example, Scarlet Begonias>. In a mask, I am trying to do a left of > but the mask comes back invalid, probably because > is a special character used in masks to signify certain functions. I have many song titles using '>' (signifying a segue directly into the next song on on album) and I'd love to figure this out. Thanks in advance. :D
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

zimmypope wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:53 am In a mask, I am trying to do a left of > but the mask comes back invalid
The freely available version of the add-on doesn't allow using "<" or ">" in the Left of, Right of and Split by qualifiers.
Last edited by ZvezdanD on Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zimmypope

Post by zimmypope »

ZvezdanD wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:41 pm
zimmypope wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:53 am In a mask, I am trying to do a left of > but the mask comes back invalid
The freely available version of the add-on doesn't allow using "<" or ">" in the Left of, Right of and Split by qualifiers.
Oh! Thanks....I'm happy to donate, I adore the script. Does the paid version allow using ">" in Left of?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Yes, the enhanced version allows using "<" and ">" in the Left of, Right of and Split by qualifiers. Also, the "\" character doesn't need to be escaped with one additional "\" character.

The only character that is still reserved for Left of and Right of qualifiers in the enhanced version is "|" which is used as separator between multiple parameters for the mentioned qualifiers. The "|" character is allowed with the Split by qualifier even in the freely available version since that qualifier doesn't allow multiple parameters.
zimmypope

Post by zimmypope »

Thanks ZvezdanD!

I donated yesterday via PayPal and sent you an email. When can I expect to receive an email with the enhanced version?

Can't wait to put it to use. :D