Remove Low Rating Songs from Now Playing

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

EliteXen

Remove Low Rating Songs from Now Playing

Post by EliteXen »

I have a lot of music in my collection that I don't listen to, but I keep just because there may be one or two songs in the album that I like and I'm obsessed with having complete albums.

Is there currently or can someone put together a script that will automatically remove songs with a rating <= 1 from the Now Playing list?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

To remove them straight away it would have to be a monitor script that checked every X seconds, which would have to be in the Auto folder so it was always running, although this would drain the processor (negliably probably, but it would still always be running).

Maybe a better way would be an OnPlay event (or ScriptType=2) so that every time a track played it would remove all the low-rating tracks. Although this would still allow the possibility of that track being a low-rated one if it had only just been added at the end of the list (or you were playing with shuffle on).

It's definitely possible - but I'm commited to other scripts at the moment. Hopefully someone will be interested in doing it. Hope my thoughts help.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You could also try to avoid them from ending up on the Now Playing in the first time. The easiest is auto-playlists with limitations on rating and use that to send to Now Playing or even as auto-DJ.

How do you currently send songs to the Now Playing?
EliteXen

Post by EliteXen »

Lowlander wrote:You could also try to avoid them from ending up on the Now Playing in the first time. The easiest is auto-playlists with limitations on rating and use that to send to Now Playing or even as auto-DJ.

How do you currently send songs to the Now Playing?
I tried the auto-playlist but I think it's too much work. Currently when I want to listen to something I select the Artist in the tree view right click whatever album I want to hear and click Play Now or Play Last (if there are multiple albums). Then I go through the now playing list and manually remove any song rated <=1.

The script doesn't have to search every few seconds or whatever. Just sometime that would search whenever I add something new to the Now Playing list. And if that's not possible (or too much work) it could be something that I run manually whenever I need to.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Ok, I checked the filter functionality, but it only filters nodes not tracks.

You could use sorting on rating to make it easier to only select the tracks to send to now playing.

As for scripting an on add to now playing event would be needed. Doesn't sound like bad idea to have it included as an event in MediaMonkey.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

I just played a track I must have forgotten to Volume Analyze and it blew the roof off here. :o
Would be great make this routine check for Volume Analyzing too, and if not analyzed, analyze before scaring all wildlife to the bush.

(good thing it's not raining) :-?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I don't think you can trigger volume analysing from a script, unfortunately.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

It's not too hard to do manually fortunately. I just bring up Location\All, sort by Leveling values, select blank ones, and level them. It's just nice to give the computer routine jobs when possible.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Based on your idea EliteXen I made a tiny little script to do this by hitting a new button on the Standard Toolbar that looks like a Sheet with a Red Arrow out of it.

Could not find any easy way to do this 'Fully Automatic', but there's a bonus by doing it Half Auto. You have control.

Script available here:
Take out low rated songs from the Now Playing List
EliteXen

Post by EliteXen »

DiddeLeeDoo wrote:Based on your idea EliteXen I made a tiny little script to do this by hitting a new button on the Standard Toolbar that looks like a Sheet with a Red Arrow out of it.

Could not find any easy way to do this 'Fully Automatic', but there's a bonus by doing it Half Auto. You have control.

Script available here:
Take out low rated songs from the Now Playing List
Thanks, sounds like it's exactly what I need.
tHe_BiNk

Post by tHe_BiNk »

Thanks! Just what I needed.