Discogs Tagger 5.84 (Updated: 2024-01-03)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

charmingnathan

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.75 (Updated: 2020-05-05)

Post by charmingnathan »

Hi,

Are you able to help please?

I am using the latest Tagger, and am experiencing a few issues to say the least!

The tagging service is regularly listing all the tracks in the wrong order - and I have tried this with several different albums.

I had managed to get around this for a time, by re-starting MediaMonkey after I'd catalogued an album, but even this doesn't make any difference. Now, even when the titles are listed in the correct order, and I click on the button to tag, it will only complete a couple of song titles, leaving the others untouched, despite them being ticked to tag.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help, in advance.
DJSamhein

Post by DJSamhein »

Are you using the latest version of MM (4.1.28.1905)? The script requires the latest version since 5.7.2 to work properly.
Kenny_Login

Post by Kenny_Login »

I'm seeing this too, with 4.1.28.1905 with Discogs 5.7.5.
itwasfunatthetime

trojan

Post by itwasfunatthetime »

hi this really isnt a bug. but not sure who to tell or where to post. discogs batch tagger is a trojan! :evil: can prove it . have the screenshot.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It's likely a false positive. Start with updating your virus definitions.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
And if that do not help please, send the file to your AV app as a false positive report.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

Kenny_Login wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:44 pm I'm seeing this too, with 4.1.28.1905 with Discogs 5.7.5.
If you have problems, send me please your log-file. You can find it here: c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\mediamonkey\scripts\discogs_script.log
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0
crap_inhuman

Re: trojan

Post by crap_inhuman »

itwasfunatthetime wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:57 am hi this really isnt a bug. but not sure who to tell or where to post. discogs batch tagger is a trojan! :evil: can prove it . have the screenshot.
Hi,

there is no trojan, it's false positive. Sorry for that.
Metal up your ass !

misterioso

Post by misterioso »

charmingnathan wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:11 pm Hi,

I am using the latest Tagger, and am experiencing a few issues to say the least!

The tagging service is regularly listing all the tracks in the wrong order - and I have tried this with several different albums.

I had managed to get around this for a time, by re-starting MediaMonkey after I'd catalogued an album, but even this doesn't make any difference. Now, even when the titles are listed in the correct order, and I click on the button to tag, it will only complete a couple of song titles, leaving the others untouched, despite them being ticked to tag.

Any ideas?

I'm having this problem with v5.75 and I am using MM v4.1.28.1905. I posted this issue with v5.73. It was fixed with v5.74, but now it's back with v5.75.

Downgrading back to v5.74 fixes the above described problem.
Evidea

Post by Evidea »

I am having several issues with the Discogs Tagger. I am using MMW 4.1.28.1905, and Discogs Tagger extension version 5.7.5 on a Windows 10 machine.

Whenever I close out MediaMonkey after the initial installation and authorization of the Discogs extension, and then reopen MediaMonkey, Discogs Tagger is no longer an option under the Options tab in Auto-Tag from Web.

When I am able to select the Discogs tagger, I am unable to find any matches. I've attempted with a few common discs, such as The Beatles' Rubber Soul and Depeche Mode's Violator, putting in as much information as possible.

I have found similar issues in this thread, but they are all with earlier versions of the tagger.

Please let me know if there are any files or logs that I can provide that might help.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

misterioso wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:49 am
charmingnathan wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:11 pm Hi,

Any ideas?

I'm having this problem with v5.75 and I am using MM v4.1.28.1905. I posted this issue with v5.73. It was fixed with v5.74, but now it's back with v5.75.

Downgrading back to v5.74 fixes the above described problem.
Would you please send me the Log-File after this problem occur ?

You can find it here: c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\mediamonkey\scripts\discogs_script.log
Metal up your ass !

crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

Evidea wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:34 am I am having several issues with the Discogs Tagger. I am using MMW 4.1.28.1905, and Discogs Tagger extension version 5.7.5 on a Windows 10 machine.

Whenever I close out MediaMonkey after the initial installation and authorization of the Discogs extension, and then reopen MediaMonkey, Discogs Tagger is no longer an option under the Options tab in Auto-Tag from Web.

When I am able to select the Discogs tagger, I am unable to find any matches. I've attempted with a few common discs, such as The Beatles' Rubber Soul and Depeche Mode's Violator, putting in as much information as possible.

I have found similar issues in this thread, but they are all with earlier versions of the tagger.

Please let me know if there are any files or logs that I can provide that might help.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
I think, you choose the wrong installation mode. Did you mark the option "For current user only" when you install the Discogs Tagger? If not, please mark it when you install the Tagger.
Metal up your ass !

Evidea II

Post by Evidea II »

Thank you for your response. I reinstalled both MediaMonkey and the Discogs extenstion. I verified that the "for current user only" box was checked (it is helpfully defaulted checked), but I am experiencing the same issues.
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

Do you have the following folder on your computer: c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\mediamonkey\scripts
Are there some files in the folder?

When you start MM, sometimes an additional program want to start (MediamonkeyCOM or something like that). Do you allow it ? You should allow it !

You could try to start MM with admin rights. (Right Mouse button on MM icon and choose Start with admin rights) After that try to install Discogs Tagger and test it again please.
Metal up your ass !

SugarRush

Post by SugarRush »

hi!

Would it be possible to have discogs tagger to look for "Artist - Song" at startup as a setting? i tag a lot of single files and that would be of great help to speed it up.

(hope i haven't missed an already existing setting)