How do I get the 'AlbumArtist' property

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Steegy

Post by Steegy »

I think it is because of a problem with the MM event system. This problem has been discussed before and it will hopefully be fixed in the next version.

My case: I don't have this script (SignatureWriter.vbs) active right now, but I get the same errors as you (because other scripts also trigger the same event problem).

So, I'm affraid we'll have to wait a bit.

Cheers
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
pepoluan

Post by pepoluan »

Ah, okay. It's not show-stopping, and I don't often edit properties. Only post this because I luuuurve MM and definitely wants to see it be the best. :)

Peace! 8)
I am a Vorbis zealot.
Nobody is perfect. I am nobody.
Reading gives you knowledge. Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Corruption is evil. Therefore, reading makes you evil.
I use ISO8601. How about you? Use this date format: Y-m-d H:iO
pepoluan

Event not called after property is changed

Post by pepoluan »

Okay, downloaded latest 2.5.3 beta (build 963)

Now if I edit the properties, no longer error as I said previously.

However, the script fails when editing properties:

It seems that the OnStop event is called, but as the music resumes, the OnPlay event was not called.

The result is that, after editing the properties, the signature file says that I'm not playing anything on MM, even though the song is still playing.

However, at the end of the edited song, when the next song plays, OnPlay is called again.
I am a Vorbis zealot.
Nobody is perfect. I am nobody.
Reading gives you knowledge. Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Corruption is evil. Therefore, reading makes you evil.
I use ISO8601. How about you? Use this date format: Y-m-d H:iO
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Sorry for the long wait... I hadn't seen this post yet.
It seems that the OnStop event is called, but as the music resumes, the OnPlay event was not called
Yep, I can confirm this. In my eyes, it's an inconsistency with the MM event handling mechanism. I'll see what the devs say about it.

When tags have to be written to a playing song, the song "stops" and after the writing it "plays" again.
1) If the OnStop event is rissen, then the OnPlay event should be too.
2) If the OnStop event is not rissen, then the OnPlay event shouldn't be rissen either.
(just a matter of consistency).

The best would probably be case 1, but with the possibility to see if the stop/play is happening for file writing or not.
In that case, the script itself can choose whether to handle the stop/play events when a playing song file is been written to.

Cheers
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).