LibraryPanes: Library panes like these in Winamp, iRiver, ..

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i must me lost as i can not see what is going on with this script?

what does it do in 5 sentances or less?
:o
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@rovingcowboy - It provides a list of artists and when you select one it provides a list of their albums. It is way of browsing your collection, similar to the way iTunes does.

@Steegy - a nice Xtra option would be first character of the artist (A-Z...)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

By now, you should know that I'm not good in summaries, but here it goes anyway:

EDIT: Summary starts HERE
The script adds (in basic mode) 2 panes to MediaMonkey. In the left pane, you can select from a list of artists. Then, in the right pane, all albums of that artist will show up. If you click an album, the tracks view will be filled with the tracks on that album of that artist.
In Xtra mode, you get a pane extra on the left side. You can set it to a list of genre, mood, occasion, tempo or quality. When you click a genre in the left pane, all artists that have songs in that genre will be shown in the artists pane. Also all albums where these songs occur in will be shown in the albums pane.

EDIT: Summary stops HERE

Be sure to check the screenshot in the first post.
It's an alternative way to browse the library, in the same way as you can do it with Winamp, iRiver, JRiverMC, ... .

Cheers
Steegy

PS: On my screen width, the summary was 5 lines. I can't help it if you have a smaller screen.
Last edited by Steegy on Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

@Steegy - a nice Xtra option would be first character of the artist (A-Z...)
The ListViews support typing. E.g., when you click in the Artists pane (to set focus) and type F, then the selection will go to the first artist with the letter F. If you want to see the group Fayunda, then simply type it when the artists pane has focus.
So basicly, it works in the same way as MM's main tree and the tracks view (on the column that has been sorted).
Does this do what you want?
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

oh Okay i see.

it is a search on the drop down menu for the artists.

and their album's so you don't have to go in to the library node
then to the artist node and scroll through them there to find them.

okay just making it 3 steps shorter. 8)

thanks trixmoto. i did not understand what was going on in the screen shot.

and the text in the script was huge for me i kept seeing things in it.

8)

thank you steegy it was 10 lines on my screen i have it set at 1024 x 768 size. if it was any larger i could not see the fonts. on this forum.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yeah, the editable lists work well and cover my request - thanks! :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Looks very interesting. Gave it a go, and get catastropic errors here with the latest version listed.

I do not feel very comfortable with the registry hack.

Is it really needed to do a registry hack for lisensing?
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Registry hack? I just included some lines of code that some friend gave me ...

@devs:
Maybe ActiveX controls can be included in MM in "normal (runtime) mode" (like these controls are meant for) instead of in "design mode" (that only MSVS developers seem to be able to run: a license is required for "design" mode)?

@All people that still have "catastropic" errors with version 0.1.1:
Do you have the file "comctl32.ocx" in folder "C:\Windows\System32"?
If not, please download it (e.g. from Microsoft, or from another computer) and register it using the command "regsvr32 comctl32.ocx" (without quotes, in Start > Run).
I didn't get an acknowledgment if that fixes the problem, but I think it will be successful.

Cheers
Steegy

EDIT: Corrected version number (change from 0.0.1 to 0.1.1)
Last edited by Steegy on Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

just so you dont go by my not replying and think i have no trouble with this script.

I did not Reply Because I did not get the script,

I just wanted to know what it did. and since the others had trouble i am not trying it, i got enough troubles from other things. :P
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Steegy wrote:Registry hack? I just included some lines of code that some friend gave me ...
No worries, it does not really make me more comfortable about the lisensing though, but it looks cool, and I wish you good luck with it.
BigMatty

Post by BigMatty »

Great script, thankyou!

A few requests..

1. The option to include the year in the album pane, eg: Year - AlbumName, and sorted by year with the most recent album at the bottom.

2. I'd like an option to not display the <<Empty>> options.

3. The ability to turn off the titlebar (where it says 'LibraryPanes')

4. Being really picky - the border doesn't continue along under the 'Xtra' checkbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Having played a bit more I think I'd still like to request one of the Xtra options being the first character of the artist.

When you type in the box you are still only selecting one artist. If you could click on B then you'd get all of the B artists, and therefore all of the albums from B artists. In some situations, this makes finding the album I want much quicker than looking down the list of artists to find the correct one.

I like the << Empty >> option so please don't remove it, maybe make it optional! :)
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Another feature request:
It would be great if we could select multiple items like different albums at the same time! :)

Big_Berny
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
Plinge

Post by Plinge »

Great script!!!!!

Is it possible to browse by Album Artist instead of Artist?

Keep up the good work!
Gervasio Antonio

My request

Post by Gervasio Antonio »

Hey Steegy, I have a little request:
Make de script more "translation friendly" by doing the following:

1. Use "SDB.localize()" function in all strings that are part of MediaMonkey interface already. Example:

Code: Select all

someVariable = SDB.localize("Quality")
2. Declare all interface strings (not covered by item 1) as a constant in GLOBAL DECLARATIONS section. In the script's body, use the constant name instead o typing the string directly.
Example:

'*****************************************************
'****             GLOBAL DECLARATIONS             ****
'*****************************************************
Option Explicit

'Localizable strings
Const stringMenuItemCaption = "Show Library Panes"
Const stringAlbums = "Albums"
and in the script body:

ViewMenuItem.Caption = stringMenuItemCaption
LastSelection = stringAlbums
This way, it will be much more easy for us foreigners to translate this wonderful script!

EDIT: I just realised that techniques 1 and 2 can be used together, like this:

ViewMenuItem.Caption = SDB.localize(stringMenuItemCaption)
LastSelection = SDB.localize(stringAlbums)