Next Artist or Album

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

NickD.

Post by NickD. »

Yes, I got it...

I thank you so much !!!!!

I spend a (virtual) beer to you Image

Thanks for your help.... :D :D :D :wink: :wink:
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Mmmmmmmmmm... It tastes GREAT!!! :D

Cheers!
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
NickD.

Post by NickD. »

Before I go trinking a real beer, I have to describe two problems
that are still there:
1) When I (e.g.) change to the next artist with my remote control (with girder of course and your script of course) the new artist (and song) is not highlighted in the artist-node,
only in the "now playing list" .
Would be very great if mm would show me which song is played at the moment.
(added question: why is the "now playing list" so damn small ? )

2) With the commands from "mm_x-10_girder_v1.1" (don't remember where I found it) , I can change volume in mm , but only in really small steps.

How can I change this?
I'd prefer a possibilty to change the main windows-volume !?!

b.t.w.: MM starts to rock 8) :D 8)
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

I don't really understand 1), as you said kind of the opposite before:
Guest wrote:
Steegy wrote:Do you want to switch the tracks view to that (newly chosen) artist/album, or do you want it to stay as it was?
I want it to stay as it it, so that I can "skip to next track" AND "skip to next Album/Artist" !!
When the new artist would be highlighted in the artist node, the tracks view would be changed. And you didn't want that.

The now playing list can be resized in the width and in the height. If the list is in the same "column" as the internal player, then it will have a fixed width. In that case, you can only change the width of the list if you "undock" it, or "dock" it elsewhere. (you change position ("dock/undock") of the now playing list by dragging it's titlebar)

I think girder natively supports changing Windows' volume, under the "O.S." tab, but I can be wrong. I already deleted Girder and prefer to not install it again. If there's no native support, then probably people will have made such addons/scripts/plugins already.

Cheers
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
NickD.

Post by NickD. »

Oh, maybe there was really an understanding problem (as I said my english...) !

I want to "switch the tracks view" also !!

hope I do not confuse you to much, sorry :-?

Somehow I'll find out how to use the main volume with Girder :wink:

But not now, it's soccer-time !

cheers NickDiamond
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

I see. Not much work. I'll add it right away.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Before I post any new code:

There are currently 3 possibilities:
- Next/Previous Album In Alphabet (don't matter from which album artist)
- Next/Previous Album In Alphabet (from the same album artist)
- Next/Previous Album Artist In Alphabet (only first album)

Some other possibilitiesv(that you might have meant):
- Next/Previous Album Artist In Alphabet (all albums)
- Next/Previous Artist In Alphabet (all songs)

These other possibilities are things I thought you might have meant in the beginning of this thread.
So to be absolutely clear, please say what actions you really want. Thanks.

BTW: Browsing to the correct node can be (very) slow on large libraries if the artist is not in the beginning of the alphabet.
NickD.

Post by NickD. »

hmm...
I have do describe what I want, cause I don't really understand the differences between your given possibilities...

so, my mm looks like this (thx for your hint with the now playing list):

Now I press the button to change to the
next artist (you called this function "PlayNextAlbumArtist"):

and you can see in the now playing list(1) the next artist that is listed on the left side(2) . thats allright !!!

But you can see that in 2) and 3) still the "old" artist is shown/highlighted.

I'd like to have that on the left side(2) the actual artist is marked (the node is opend).
And the first listed Album is marked.
and in the middle (3) there should be listed the first album (or maybe all albums, not that important) only from the actual artist !

Pictures say more than words, so here pictures of "before and after" :

before:

after (jump to next artist,"PlayNextAlbumArtist" ):

And now an example how the "jump to next album" ("PlayNextAlbumSameArtist") should look like
(it only changes in the now playing list, not in 2) and 3) )

before:

after (jump to next album , "PlayNextAlbumSameArtist" ) :

hope now you understand better what I want :wink:
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

OK, I just wanted to make sure that the PlayNextAlbumArtist and PlayNextAlbumSameArtist funtions were doing what you want.

The updated version (0.5, with browsing to the currect album node) has been posted on the first page of this thread.

As I already said, browsing to the correct node can take some time.
Things can be speed up a bit in some cases, but as it works now, it's the most reliable (and will also work when nodes are not all alphabetically displayed in the tree; this can happen if you just renamed a node).

Hopefully it always works, as I didn't test it much.
NickD.

Post by NickD. »

thank you again !

Hope many others will use your great script :wink:

My last "problem" is, that it would look much better if the "old nodes" would not stay opened, like here:

Hope this is the last time I make trouble :-? :wink:
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Code has been updated.

Maybe I will change the "node-browsing" code later (to make it faster), but I'm now out of time for that.
NickD.

Post by NickD. »

thx

from my point of view the speed is really ok !!!

but, if you have a better idea, ok, do it :wink:

I like mm more and more :P

Post by Guest »

Is it possible to control this script with a hotkey? For example, if I wanted to got to the next artist I could hit SHIFT-PageDown or something?
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

I think the best way (that actually works) is to create entries in the Script.ini file for each action you want, and assign a shortcut key to it (see the wiki for the details).

For example, if you want to go to the next artist when you hit Ctrl+Shift+PageDown, add the following to the Scripts.ini file and restart MM

Code: Select all

[PlayNextAlbumArtist]
FileName=TheScriptsName.vbs
ProcName=PlayNextAlbumArtist
Order=1
DisplayName=Play the next artist
Description=Starts playing the next album artist in the alphabet
Language=VBScript
ScriptType=0
Shortcut=Ctrl+Shift+PgDn
assuming that you have copied the code from here in the file TheScriptsName.vbs in MM's Scripts folder.