MonkeyRok Alpha 02

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

oldskool73

MonkeyRok Alpha 02

Post by oldskool73 »

Hi all,

*Update 18-6-06 - Alpha2 available on the blog

Here's an early alpha test of something I've been working on called MonkeyRok. I'm hoping to find out if anyone finds it useful and actually worth finishing...

MonkeyRok is a script for MediaMonkey inspired by the context panel in Amarok. It shows the album art and info for the current track, a summary of your favourite and most played tracks by the current artist, and a list of all albums by or featuring the current artist. You can click on the headers to show and hide panels and the tracks and art to play songs.

MonkeyRok is still very alpha and a lot of features are still missing. Most noticable perhaps is any way to re-show the MonkeyRok panel, so if you accidentally close it you will need to restart MediaMonkey to get it back.

To install MonkeyRok simply unzip the files to your MediaMonkey/Scripts/ folder, being careful to preserve the folder structure.

Future plans include a Last.fm driven suggestion panel, easy CSS skinning and the addition of Javascript transition effects to make everything look nicer.

In the spirit of giving this script is completely free and open source, you can take it appart and do whatever you like with it (although you’d be better to wait until I clean it up a bit!). It also contains a couple of routines and code snippets cribbed from various code posted to this forum, so props to everyone on here for your help and if anyone finds I’ve nicked anything they have a problem with just let me know :)

All feedback welcome.

Download from by blog here

Last edited by oldskool73 on Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

This looks like a nice and beautiful addition to the data I now use from the current Report script.

Well done (or well doing...)!

BTW: Is that "Windows Vista Beta" or "WindowsXP with Vista look"?
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
oldskool73

Post by oldskool73 »

Just XP with the Vista Inspirat skin pack :)
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

too white

too large of screen shot.

not enough green

not enought monkeys 8) :lol: :P
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
oldskool73

Post by oldskool73 »

too white / not enough green
I kinda like white, but the plan is to have it all CSS driven and make it easy to change skins, so this shouldn't be an issue in the long run. For now you can edit the commented lines around 26 & 27 in the MonkeyRok.vbs file to see an example of a different darker skin (see pic below), or simple dive in and change the CSS files in the skins folders yourself to make it as green as you like :)

included dark skin...

too large of screen shot.
really? I usually work at 1600*1200 and went right down to take that, do people really still use 800*600? Anyway, screenshot this time was smaller just for you...

not enought monkeys
...yeah, ummm... I'll have to work on that one... :lol:
heinimuecki

Post by heinimuecki »

hi oldskool73
i tried to download your script from your blog
but the only thing i get is an error 404 - not found

where can i get it? where, where, where? :lol:
oldskool73

Post by oldskool73 »

doh, sorry, link fixed now :)
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

yes its better smaller.

and yes others still use 800 x 600

it is always better to remember others like that and
make smaller screen shots.
i know some computers are set on 640 x 480 yet.

so you can make it darker but wheres the monkey's

theres got to be monkeys :o

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Mascis

Post by Mascis »

rovingcowboy wrote:

8)
LOL!
Winamp follower for years in a row, since 2006 a happy MM Gold User :)
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Mascis wrote:
rovingcowboy wrote:

8)
LOL!
if you ever seen my jungle monkey skin you would understand.

it has monkeys EVERWHERE :P and lots of jungle too.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

My screen is on 1024x768 but I'd still prefer a 800x600 screenshot because otherwise the image increases the width of the forum and then I have to keep scrolling sideways to read the text! :-?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
holterpolter

Post by holterpolter »

I get an Error

Line 162
Overflow "Cint"
Url: file://C:\Programme\MediaMonkey_clean\Scripts\MonkeyRok\skins\basic_dark\skin.html
oldskool73

Post by oldskool73 »

hmm, just found out cInt only works up to values of around 32,000, I guess you have more albums than me or something :)

can you try doing a find & replace on the files...

C:\Programme\MediaMonkey_clean\Scripts\MonkeyRok\skins\basic_dark\SkinFunctions.vbs
& also
C:\Programme\MediaMonkey_clean\Scripts\MonkeyRok\Functions.vbs

and replace all occurences of 'cInt' with just 'Int' and let me know if this fixes it for you. (Should be 4 to change)

Thanks!
holterpolter

Post by holterpolter »

Now it works.
Thanks for your fast help and your great Script
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

Amazing :o
Thanks for that great feature!