Batch Art Finder 4.2 - Updated 03/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The next version will have more options to help reduce the search. Also a pause button - so you can stop after just a few images and hit save to ignore the rest of the list.

I am using this script with IE6 but if you've got it working with IE7 as well, that's great!

"Aren't found" I meant a red cross. If the text has gone but the image hasn't arrived then this is a problem with the server that is hosting the image. Not a lot my script can do about that unfortunately.

For anyone who is interested and knows SQL, there is a parameter called Extra at the top of the script. In here you can put extra WHERE statement conditions to narrow down the search. For example, I have Extra = " AND Albums.Album NOT LIKE 'Unknown'" because I label singles with "Unknown" in the album field.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

trixmoto wrote:Unless I can find another method for downloading files, there's not a lot I can do to fix that error. There's another possibility but it would need a license which either means everyone needs VS6 or I need to provide a hack. The solution really is to Remove any images which aren't found before hitting Save.

There is no way to catch the error and continue on passed it?

right now the script just stops, which is really bad when it just spends a long time going through many albums.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

There is no way to catch the error and continue on passed it?
Sure, put a new line "On Error Resume Next" (without the quotes) as the first line in the sub that you want to continue executing when an error happens. You won't even get an error message with that.
This "error catching" probably doesn't work in a method (sub/function) that is triggered by the new event handling mechanism.
This does exactly what you ask "catch the error and continue on past it". Maybe that's not such a good thing to do in this case (continuing the line directly after the one that caused the error), but I don't have the code to see if or if not this is fine.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Lolita

Post by Lolita »

Can you make new version? ((:
Ok nvm, but it would be nice if i can select only some albums (ie. because script fails when used on about 400 albums and its pain to slecet don't use for 300 of them (: ) to search and then from search result i again select what i want insted of what i dont wont (select/unselect all) .... And search results display more then only one founded image, but more and then i can select which i want to use (because of some images are not what i looking for and some are in sh*t quality so i could select best one).
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I will sort the errors (probably using Steegy's suggestion) in the next version.

The next version will give you the option to select tracks - although you can use my "Google Art Finder" script if you wish to do one album at a time.

If you're going to select the songs you want, it makes more sense to me to deselect the images rather than select them.

You can hit the Try Again button to find other images. If you want to go back you can hit Remove and then Try Again to go through the list again.

I know it would be nice to have a sample of images and then select the one you want, but this is only a script! There's not much room with a huge list of albums (I had over 700 in my first list!) to have multiple images for each. I also think having more than one image at a time would be a huge problem memory-wise, the way the script currently works.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Lolita

Post by Lolita »

trixmoto wrote: I know it would be nice to have a sample of images and then select the one you want, but this is only a script! There's not much room with a huge list of albums (I had over 700 in my first list!) to have multiple images for each. I also think having more than one image at a time would be a huge problem memory-wise, the way the script currently works.
Yes i know, just want to write it (:

Hmm ... i have 3840*1024 (and i can make borrow some displays just for complete my audio library) and 4GB so ... so i think its ok, but there isn't many ppl like me \:

And do you know some aplication or somthing similar to your script what have it?
Last edited by Lolita on Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Sorry, I don't know of any applications which do this. That's why I'm writing a script to do it! :)

The new version should be much better. The current version is the first version, and so it will be far from perfect!
Emilianovici

Post by Emilianovici »

Ok, I installed it, but how do I use it exactly? I don't see any options for this one, sorry.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

On the menu click "Tools, Scripts, Batch Art Finder". Should be fairly self-explainatory from there on! :)
skellys

Post by skellys »

After getting MM and transferring over from Windows Media and Creative MediaSource Organizer I’m thrilled at the program. My only downside was that I had no album art show up in MM.

After searching and asking, I was sent to this program and from what I’ve experienced, this program is excellent! Great job!

My only challenge is that now I find myself with the same problems as those above. I get all 2000+ albums processed with pictures, but then get the dreaded script error message.

I’ve gone through all the suggestions above with changing the Intranet settings, upgrading to Explorer 7.0, and going through the regedit.exe process to no avail.

Are there any other suggestions??

If I went through with the list and deleted all the “X” albums so it didn’t find any might this help (it will be a pain!).

Thanks for any pointers—I certainly want this to work!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yes the "X" albums do need to be removed. At the moment I can't find a way to tell the difference as IE still reports it as the image. Hopefully in a future version these will be skipped automatically.
skellys

Post by skellys »

One selected, and I hit "Save", where and in what format are the pictures saved?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Depends on your settings - at the top of the script file. The defaults are...

Code: Select all

Storage = 1                 ' no tag=-1, save in tag=0, save as link=1
FileMask = "<path>\<album>" ' eg. F:\Music\Beatles\1\1.jpg
So it will be saved in the same folder as the album tracks, called <Album>.jpg, and your tracks will be tagged with a link to the image.

In future versions when there are more settings I will create an option sheet - but there's not enough at the moment.
MM_Girl

sweet!

Post by MM_Girl »

trixmoto:

How would one go about writing in the "extra" sql for filtering out albums with less than, say, 5 tracks? I have a large collection of vinyl and/or white label singles that won't generate results, which leaves me with a larger amount of "not found" than "found".

And - GREAT SCRIPT!! :D
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well my SQL isn't great, so maybe someone else can help you. It is part of the WHERE statement though, and should start " AND ..." - I'll consult one of my SQL gurus! :)