Auto Album DJ 3.8 - Updated 08/08/2010

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I can't replicate this, but I will see what I can do. Have you got ScrobblerDJ installed as well? Or are you using the built-in AutoDJ. If so, these don't play well together, you should switch off the others to use the AutoAlbumDJ.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Speed Pete

Post by Speed Pete »

No - I do not use ScrobblerDJ, and the internal AutoDJ is disabled of course.
Speed Pete

Post by Speed Pete »

So... I roughly understood your script and wilk try to find the problem. Can you just tell me, how to do some testing? I want to make a message box with an ok button and perhaps some text for information. I know the "msgbox(...)" from VB, but these script is no real VB, isn't it?
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

There should be at least one like this in the code somewhere

Code: Select all

msgTmp = SDB.MessageBox("239-" & strOrigPathFilename & "-" , mtInformation, Array(mbOK))
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

You can also just use...

Code: Select all

MsgBox "debugtext"
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Speed Pete

Post by Speed Pete »

Thanks - this works fine for me.

The problem is the following: I had erased the database and added about 10 albums. Now I looked at the variables "ind" and "tot": ind changes in the range 1 to 10 I think, and tot is 0 at every time. (I check this just after creating these variables and before testing for existence, rating etc.)

So I took a look at the database with access. My AlbumID starts with 293!!! So it is clear that no Albums with IDs 1 to 10 can be found. Any idea how to repair this?

And BTW: what das the command "randomize" without any parameters?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I find DevGuru always have the best (and often simplest) explanations: http://www.devguru.com/technologies/vbs ... omize.html

I am working on a new version of this script now which should fix your problem. I had some other stuff lined up to do for it anyway, you've just bumped it up my to-do list! :)
Speed Pete

Post by Speed Pete »

trixmoto wrote:I am working on a new version of this script now which should fix your problem. I had some other stuff lined up to do for it anyway, you've just bumped it up my to-do list! :)
Cool! I will wait for it. These are really good news. While waiting I will try to learn enough from your script to realize my idea...

Thank you for your worthful work!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@SpeedPete - your problem is now fixed (working on the release now) - Abel actually suggested the solution at the top of page 3 but I forgot to implement it. It wasn't till I finished implementing it that I found his post again though - oh well!

Someone requested a Genre option (can't remember who). Did they want this to be included in the MinTracks? (So the album would have to have the specfied number of tracks which matched both the minimum rating and the genre, or the album would have to have the specified number of tracks which matched the minimum rating and have at least one song from that genre?)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (2.0) is now available from my website!

N.B. Please remove all entries for AutoAlbumDJ from the Scripts.ini file!

Fixes include:
- Check database for valid album id range (thanks to Abel)
- Improved memory efficiency and speed
- Abort after specified number of unsuccessful attempts
- Added option to specify genre
- Added option sheet (options stored in .ini file)
sasapuksic

Post by sasapuksic »

First of all, thanks for this great script which is one of my favorites, must say. :) Second, I have a question ... Is it posible to select more than one ganre if I use separator, comma ...

Thanks again trixmoto!

:D
Last edited by sasapuksic on Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It is not currently possible to select more than one.

It is an SQL LIKE string, so if you wanted to select "BritPop" as well as "Pop" you could set the Genre as "%Pop", however this would also find "Rock/Pop" as well (for example).

Good idea though, I'll look at included a comma separated list in the next version. :)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (2.1) is now available from my wesite.

The new version allows the Genre option to be a comma separated list (no spaces around the commas!).

Please note, this means that my previous tip of including % will now longer work, but then again, it doesn't need to! :)
sasapuksic

Post by sasapuksic »

Link doesnt work ... :cry:
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Sorry, my website has now been updated correctly so the link now works! :oops: