Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

MinuteMaid

Post by MinuteMaid »

Is there a way I can download lyrics for a bunch of songs to the mp3 files or is it just individual? Also, after I click on Download Lyrics, and then OK, how come the lyrics don't show up when I right click the song and then click Properties and go into the Lyrics tab? I don't understand....
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Downloading of lyrics is just individual songs. Every time you open/play a song, MiniLyrics looks if it has lyrics. If not, it "does nothing" / "presents the download dialog" / "automaticly downloads them" (as you choose it) and tags them "as file to a specified folder" / "as mp3 tag (3 formats)" (as you choose it).
Maybe there will be a batch mode in the future. MiniLyrics has started as a lyrics viewer with download capabilities. It still focusses on the main part of the "thing": show lyrics when you play a song. So I guess for now, you have to open each song to get it lyric'ed.

Lyrics aren't shown in MediaMonkey (Properties > Lyrics) because this information within MM is read from it's database. MediaMonkey doesn't know that MiniLyrics added a lyric, so it didn't update the database.
To be able to see the lyrics in MM too, you have to enable the "file monitor" for the directory where your mp3's are (gold functionality).
You can also rescan these mp3's, but be sure that your options are set to include files that have changed (see menu Tools > Options > Library).

Cheers
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
svenni

Post by svenni »

Hi
Have any of you mini lyrics users experienced that album art is deleted sometimes when mini lyrics tags a file? I have this problem and I think that it is caused by mini lyrics somehow. Is there a way to prevent this?

Using MM v 253 968
Music is great!
MM with:
AutoAccRate 2.4.2, Blue Monkey 2.1, Backup 5.1, AutoAlbumDJ 3.5, Last100.. node, ClearNowPlayingButton 1.2, Monkey Rok, Last FM DJ and Scrobbler that scrobbles!
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Yea I have noticed this occasionally, it's hard to say the problem is with minilyrics or with MM.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Does it happen if you use MiniLyrics with Winamp/WMP/... too?
It's just that I've seen some "album art gets deleted" messages on the forum lately, so I would also think it's a MM problem.

If it is a MiniLyrics problem, then you can contact the authors here: http://www.crintsoft.com/contactus.htm
Otherwise you can also contact them to ask if they have heared about the problem before. If not, it's a MM problem. Anyway, they are very friendly.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

Yes I have been having this problem also. At first I thought it was a conflict after changing from storing files externally to internally. Having cleared out all ext. art and re-tagging library the problem seems to have become less common, although it is still occurring.
I have for the time being, removed the MiniLyrics plug-in from MM although I have left the MiniLyrics embedder (Steegy's script) operating as I didn't think that this could cause the problem.

I have emailed the authors of MiniLyrics as suggested for any help. I have to say so far, the problem has stopped.

My thinking is that MiniLyrics is competing with MM reading tag to show art etc, while MiniLyrics was trying to write to the tag. I disabled the write to tag in favour of write to directory (in MiniLyrics) but problem persisted so have as I said disabled MiniLyrics for the time being.

I still do think, at this stage that it is a MM/MiniLyrics problem both reading and saving to the tag at approx. the same time.

Anybody else more knowledgable have any thoughts on this?
djmike

problem

Post by djmike »

the program is great but suddenly for no obvious reason minilyrics doesn't grow and shrink as the window it seems like it has a mini window that i cannot move inside the minilyrics embeded window help me please
Sgrom

A few questions

Post by Sgrom »

Hey

First off, OMG this ive been searching for something like this for ages! It is absolutely awesome! Thank you so much for making it!

I just have a few questions, basically I am trying to setup my mp3s so that as much info as possible is stored in the tags themselves. So that if I have to transfer them to another system, give them to friends etc they will retain all the information.

I have changed the minilyrics settings to auto download lyrics whether they exist or not, and to save them to both the ID3v2 tags. However I notice that the lyrics are still being saved as .lrc file in the minilyrics download folder.

So my question is, when I play a song that minilyrics has already downloaded the lyrics for, is it getting the lyrics from the tag, or from .lrc the file on my hdd?

So, if I go play these mp3s on another PC with minilyrics installed will it show the synchronized lyrics? If not, If I place the .lrc files in the downloads folder with it automatically associate these with the mp3s?

Sgrom

Oh no

Post by Sgrom »

Everything was working perfect, but I started up this morning and now the minilyrics are displaying outside of their embedded window. They are at the top left of the player and I nothing I do will make them move!

This is what I see: http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4453/brokencl7.jpg

Any idea how to fix this?
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

@ djmike:
Sorry for the delay. Does your problem still happen?
If so, then manually execute

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\MiniLyrics Embedder Console.exe" reposition
(from Start > Run) and see if the window is correctly embedded again.
Note that the script automaticly executes this command every second, in order to reposition and resize the MiniLyrics program window, if necessary to fit the "Embedded MiniLyrics" panel.

@ Sgrom:
Yes, it seems like ML saves the lrc files to disk too anyway.
If I'm correct, ML will first look in the mp3 tags to see if there are lyrics inside. If not, it then looks to the file on the disk. If there isn't a suitable lyrics file, it doesn't show anything, or auto-downloads lyrics (depending on your settings).
See "Associate Lyrics..." (when you right-click the main ML program window) to see the order of used lyrics (first id3v2 sync'ed, then lyrics3v2).

Concerning the problem: Could you try the same thing as I said to djmike?
Sgrom

Post by Sgrom »

Thanks for the quick reply, I unchecked "Use Background Color As Transparent Color" and it realigned perfect :D

Thanks for the info about how the lyrics are read and keep up the good work!
djmike275

Post by djmike275 »

Thanx Steegy for the reply! the problem was exactly the same with Sgrom so I unchecked "Use Background Color As Transparent Color" and it realigned perfect no problem anymore!!!\
btw your scripts are all very nice
salamat

Post by salamat »

Hi, I'm new to MM and tried to download your script for use with ML, but first I have this strong warning from Norton Antivirus not to allow this script to run, because my computer will halt, and it really did in a way I never experienced before. When I started MM after installing in the script/auto folder, some strange thing happend...it came up something like this message; Will you run this script?, and when I clikked yes, it started to blink and it was impossible to stop it without using ctrl/alt del. So I had to remove the script again. So I just wonder what I'm doing wrong? :roll:

Salamat
The Rev

locked up with MMlyrics

Post by The Rev »

Same problem as previous writer except I can't even ctrl/alt del to stop it. It happens about once every two days. I have to shut down the whole system loosing data don't you know.

I like your script when it functions though!
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

If it is Norton Antivirus (or other "security software" that gives problems by blocking an application when it shouldn't), you can temporarily disable that software to see if the problem goes away and/or add a security exception to that software (to make sure a program can be executed without problem).
Please add the embedder (script ".vbs" and application ".exe") as exception. That should work.
BTW: What Operating System are you guys using?

Background:
The only thing the script does is to start the application. That could cause security software warnings about "potentially dangerous script activity". Choose "Ignore (always)" or "Allow (always)".
The only thing the application does is some standard Windows-operations. The program has never done anything strange to me. Security software also doesn't have any reason to suspect something strange about it.