Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

moehesse

Post by moehesse »

Hello!

Many thanks for the script.

However, I have a question: It is possible, that the "MiniLyrics Panel" is not shown at the start of MediaMonkey?

Thanks four your help!
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

It is possible, that the "MiniLyrics Panel" is not shown at the start of MediaMonkey?
Yes (now it is). Please check out the new version in the first post.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to guess the cause of Salamat and The Rev' problem yet.

Cheers
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
moehesse

Post by moehesse »

Many thanks!
powerpill-pacman

Post by powerpill-pacman »

Thank you very much for this great script!
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit) - MediaMonkey 3.2.4.1304
My music on Soundcloud
some more on Last.fm
if you really like my music...
powerpill-pacman

After using it for some days it doesn't work for me anymore.
Minilyrics starts with MM, tries to download lyrics for songs without, but it doesn't show any of them after downloading, neither can i access the options via right-click in the mini-lyrics-panel.
Yesterday i deleted some scripts i never use or that are in alpha/beta stage and don't work too good. I wonder whether i could have deleted some necessary files. So could you please tell me which files your script is depending on (besides the ones i have to install with the script).

Thanks in advance
pp-Zoid
My music on Soundcloud
some more on Last.fm
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

The script ("MiniLyrics Embedder.vbs") only needs the embedder program (exe). Make sure that the name of the embedder program is correct, the same as you downloaded it: "MiniLyrics Embedder.exe".

In case this comment doesn't help, please pm me so we can check further.

Cheers
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

On some Windows XP SP2 systems, this script gives problems: a lot of warning messages, that cause the program to block.

Thanks to Big D, this problem has now been solved.

The cause of the problem was Windows XP SP2 security settings, which blocked the correct execution of the exe program needed for this script.

Anyone having similar problems:
Just right-click the program "exe" file (normally "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\MiniLyrics Embedder.exe") and choose "properties". In the opened dialog, click the button just above the "cancel" button (probably "unblock" or so). The button will become disabled and then you can click OK to close the dialog.
That's all!
Now (re)start MediaMonkey and the script should work as supposed.

< Screenshot > shows "properties" dialog, with the button to click.

Cheers
Steegy
powerpill-pacman

It works again. I just made the mistake to choose some colour-options which make the text and the options window go invisible. :oops:
Sorry for bothering you.
My music on Soundcloud
some more on Last.fm
lucasmaster

Post by lucasmaster »

I would like to change the panel caption....
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

If you do that, the embedding won't work anymore :cry:
FurAnt

Post by FurAnt »

Steegy,

Great Work! This script just encouraged me to purchase MiniLyrics. This really is a great addition to MediaMonkey.

All hail the great Steegy!!! :P
niknik

Post by niknik »

This is GREAT! If I could get it to work :(

I have tried to do as described. Have installed MiniLyrics (not the paid version -don't know if it HAS to be that?) And have run the MiniLyrics Embedder1.2.exe..

When I start MM the lyrics-bar tries to open up at the top of the page but doesn't manage. I see the panel for a second or two..

What do I have to do to get this nice thing to work?

EDIT: I have also UN-Blocked the security settings for XP as described..
Mesiaz

Post by Mesiaz »

niknik wrote:This is GREAT! If I could get it to work :(

I have tried to do as described. Have installed MiniLyrics (not the paid version -don't know if it HAS to be that?) And have run the MiniLyrics Embedder1.2.exe..

When I start MM the lyrics-bar tries to open up at the top of the page but doesn't manage. I see the panel for a second or two..

What do I have to do to get this nice thing to work?

EDIT: I have also UN-Blocked the security settings for XP as described..
I'm having the exact same problem :(

Using MM version. 2.5.5.985 and latest MiniLyrics
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Is the MiniLyrics Embedder panel enabled in the View menu?

Diagnostics:
- is the MiniLyrics Embedder panel visible in MediaMonkey (see the panel? Is it enabled? )?
- is the MiniLyrics program embedded in the panel (see something in the panel? )?
- is MiniLyrics running? Check the system tray and make sure that the MiniLyrics tray icon doesn't disappear when you go over it with the mouse.
(click on the icon and you should see MiniLyrics pop up, if it didn't got embedded in MM).
Mesiaz

Post by Mesiaz »

Needed to be select in the view menu, seems this is off by default (but still the panel appears for a few seconds at startup, a bit unlogical). Works now ;)