Magic Nodes 1.3b (IS OUTDATED SEE NOTE IN FIRST POST)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Bex

Post by Bex »

Pablo wrote:
Bex wrote:hiaslmatz,

Did you rename your custom fields?
That could be a problem if they are renamed to something that already exists in MM.

/Bex
Great suggestion. I'm going to add a few lines to the script which check if any of the custom fields agree with any of the fields.
Nice Idea, sometimes this cause problems
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
troopersbd

Post by troopersbd »

troopersbd wrote:To show my Artists/Albums without the compilation cds i use this one

Code: Select all

Album Artists No Comp.|child of:artist|filter:'Various Artists'\<Album Artist>\<Album|Sort by:max(year)>
But dunno how to create a node that shows only my Various Artists cds ?

I don't have any skill in vbs neither sql :oops:

Thx
So, noone knows how to solve that ? :oops:

If it was no clear, i tag all my songs with each artist/performer and on the field Album Artist i use the Various Artists when its a compilation or a mix.

Filter is used to tell MNode not to include the songs but what if i want to say that i want only those filtered cds.

Thx again
Bex

Post by Bex »

Try this:

Album Artists No Comp.|child of:artist|SQL filter:artist<>'Various Artists'\<Album Artist>\<Album|Sort by:max(year)>

Album Artists Comp.|child of:artist|SQL filter:artist='Various Artists'\<Album Artist>\<Album|Sort by:max(year)>
I didnt get "Filter:" to work but "SQL Filter:" did the trick!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
troopersbd

Post by troopersbd »

Thx Bex!!

SQL Filter did the trick !!
hiaslmatz

thanx to Bex and Pablo!

Post by hiaslmatz »

Sorry for my late reaction (Have been very busy and out of nice music topics the lasst days).

Pablo sent me a modified version of MagicNodes. And really, Pablo, it works without any failure in MM. Bex, you were right. I did rename the custom fields - that seemed to cause the problem, solved now by Pablos modification.

It's great - and MagicNodes is a great tool, helps to sort also "Album Artists".

A very small regret is, that it seems not possible to (automatically) create subnodes for the artists. They all appear in a huge list in the main window when I choose Magic Nodes/Album Artists.

The best would be to have the node Album Artists/Subnodes for each artist/subnode for the albums.
But I think this is greedy ...

Thanks to you, for your immediate kind help.

Hiaslmatz
narticus

Post by narticus »

Can someone show me how to make a Magic Node that is basically a link to a drive on my computer? I'd like it to be in the same tree as the Artist/Album nodes.
Klaas

Error message

Post by Klaas »

Hello,

Similar messages have popped up. But i haven't been able to distill a solution that works for me. So here it goes:

I'm getting an error everytime I start MM:
Error #1002 - Microsoft VBScript compilation error
Syntax error
File: "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\MagicNodes.1.3.vbs", Line: 1004, Column: 3

i click "OK"

Then:
Error happened during script execution: Syntax error.

I get a MagicNodes item in the tree, but I dont see an option anywhere to create any nodes.

The latest windows scripting host has been installed, as suggested with similar errors. i've got only one magicnodes in the "auto" folder. A suggetion would help.

Klaas Nienhuis
Bex

Post by Bex »

narticus wrote:Can someone show me how to make a Magic Node that is basically a link to a drive on my computer? I'd like it to be in the same tree as the Artist/Album nodes.
This post reveals the secrets regarding how to limit Magic Nodes to only retrieve songs from specific drives and/or folders:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 8913#58913

You can put a Magic Node almost where you want with the "Child of:X" syntax. Where X can be: magic, artist, library, playlists, location, year, genre, classification, rating. (Default is magic.)

/Bex

All My Scripts
Bex

Re: Error message

Post by Bex »

Klaas wrote:Hello,

Similar messages have popped up. But i haven't been able to distill a solution that works for me. So here it goes:

I'm getting an error everytime I start MM:
Error #1002 - Microsoft VBScript compilation error
Syntax error
File: "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\MagicNodes.1.3.vbs", Line: 1004, Column: 3

i click "OK"

Then:
Error happened during script execution: Syntax error.

I get a MagicNodes item in the tree, but I dont see an option anywhere to create any nodes.

The latest windows scripting host has been installed, as suggested with similar errors. i've got only one magicnodes in the "auto" folder. A suggetion would help.

Klaas Nienhuis
I'm very bad at solving these type of errors but line 1004 seems to handle the entered mask. If you cant delete the mask within MM. Close MM and open up the mediamonkey.ini file (in "My Music" folder) and delete all masks under the section [CustomNodeMasks].

/Bex

All My Scripts
Klaas

Error message

Post by Klaas »

Bex,

thanks for the suggestion. I forgot to mention, as your suggestion is a common one to this problem, i've already done that. So there is no [CustomNodeMasks] in my Mediamonkey.ini file anymore.

Thanks anyway,

Klaas
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Klaas wrote:Bex,

thanks for the suggestion. I forgot to mention, as your suggestion is a common one to this problem, i've already done that. So there is no [CustomNodeMasks] in my Mediamonkey.ini file anymore.

Thanks anyway,

Klaas
Klaas, did you start getting errors since the first time you installed the script? Or did the script work for a while before the errors started? What version of MM are you using? I don't know what the problem can be but I'll think about it.
Klaas

Error message

Post by Klaas »

Hey Pablo,

My version is 2.5.3.968 and yes: it has functioned in the beginning. The error started to occur when i used the "browse by art" script. But I've deleted that one since it gave me activeX messages that i wasn't able to get rid of. So i can imagine the "browse by art" bites "magicnodes".

However, i can't think of anything to solve it.
Thanks for the support sofar,

Klaas
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Klaas,

Just to make sure the problem is not there, could you e-mail me your ini file (PM me to get my e-mail, you'll need to register for that), or just post it here?

I will take a look into any compatibility issues with BrowseByArt.
Klaas wrote:Hey Pablo,

My version is 2.5.3.968 and yes: it has functioned in the beginning. The error started to occur when i used the "browse by art" script. But I've deleted that one since it gave me activeX messages that i wasn't able to get rid of. So i can imagine the "browse by art" bites "magicnodes".

However, i can't think of anything to solve it.
Thanks for the support sofar,

Klaas
Billy

Post by Billy »

Hey everyone. Does anyone know how to make a Magic Node that shows all the files in a specific folder, including subfolders? Is this possible? Many thanks to anyone who can help.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Billy wrote:Hey everyone. Does anyone know how to make a Magic Node that shows all the files in a specific folder, including subfolders? Is this possible? Many thanks to anyone who can help.
Hi Billy,
Read this:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 8913#58913

All My Scripts