MM for Mac - I just switched to Apple

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

I would like to see MediaMonkey for other OS than Windows

You may select 1 option

View results

jmac

MM for Mac - I just switched to Apple

Post by jmac »

After 19 odd years of working with IBM/MS PCs I've just switched to a Mac. Love it but it doesn't run Media Monkey! :cry: (Except under VIrtual PC - which sorta defeats the purpose).

Media Monkey is the best thing i've ever seen in the whole MP3/music management area.

Is there any chance of SOMEONE porting MM to OS X?

Thanks for any replies
Last edited by Lowlander on Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added poll
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I think you might be out of luck. A Linux version has been requested as well, but I think this isn't planned for the near future.
Clint

MM for Mac

Post by Clint »

I agree. I'd love to see MM come to the Mac as well. I use both, but iTunes and my iPod are Mac based and iTunes just doesn't have the functionality.

C'mon, you can do it!

Clint
jiri

Post by jiri »

Unfortunatelly, there really won't be a Mac version any soon. There might Linux version come if there's enough interest in the future, but Mac version is definitely quite far away.

Jiri
jim3535

Post by jim3535 »

I would like to see a Linux version too. I plan to eventually move most of my computing over to in the future. MM is one of those things that I don't think I can live without.
Silencer

MM for Mac a MUST

Post by Silencer »

:o
i can't take itunes anymore. also a recent convert to apple, i'm extremely frustrated by itunes lack of functionality and completely dominance over media jukebox management. (i guess we can keep hoping...)
psyXonova

Re: MM for Mac - I just switched to Apple

Post by psyXonova »

jmac wrote:After 19 odd years of working with IBM/MS PCs I've just switched to a Mac. Love it but it doesn't run Media Monkey! :cry: (Except under VIrtual PC - which sorta defeats the purpose).
Every decision comes with a cost...
Apple is great... when it comes to Mp3 Players and OS functionality
Besides that, its still a pain on the neck (IMO always!! :lol: )
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Supporting Mac OS X at this moment would be very stupid, because Apple will switch to Intel in about a year and the programs have to be rewritten for that. So let's wait till the Intel version comes and then we'll see.

Big_Berny

Post by Guest »

Before anyone starts complaining, I searched FIRST, found this post and thought I'd add to it instead of posting a new thread - which is what you're supposed to do. (Hint to newcomers! Search and add to threads instead of starting new ones!)

Ok, I'm about to move to one of the new Intel based Macs, In making that switch I'll GREATLY miss my MM! I'd hate to keep a PC around just to handle all my tagging, etc... SO.....

I know it's been asked before for both a Linux and Mac OS X versions but is there a possibility that it might make the jump now? or anytime in the near future?

And no, it's not easy to port code from one machine to another and I wouldn't expect it overnight (although it would be nice wouldn't it!). I understand the difficulties involved, especially when there are so many variables in the different Linux distro's and hardware variations from machine to machine.

And if it's just 'never' going to happen or one of those 'when pigs fly' sort of things can you just post that in the FAQ?

Thanks!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'm not sure if they are considering writing a MAC version, but there are rumors on the Internet that a new MAC OS version might natively support MS Windows programs. That would certainly be great news for MAC owners missing their monkey.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Use Boot Camp! :D
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

lol, good one. But it's kinda expensive to buy windows XP and run it on MAC for running MediaMonkey. You'll also need to have a MAC with intel CPU.
LX

MM on mac!!!!!!!!!

Post by LX »

MM is the best MP3 Player/Organizer I worked with! And believe me I tried out many.
MM is woth every cent.

Now the sad news, I switched to a mac and iTunes is bullshit!
PLEEEEAAASEEEEE make a MM Mac Universal Version!

Greetz, Alex
youngliars

Post by youngliars »

i'm posting this only to add to the demand.. hopefully every woeful user of itunes will express their wish for some work on a mac version of mm.

in the next year i'm buying a macbook of some sort, and am already worried about being able to take my lifetime membership to mm with me.

i'm hoping, guys.. and even if it never happens.. i know the money i put toward the membership will never have been a waste.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Doesn't Wine run on MAC OS X as well, just like on Linux.