TweakMonkey (advanced options page) 1.02 - 4/2/2007 [MM2+3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Post by Guest »

When I uncheck the 'visible' box for Net Radio and Web they still appear the next time I start MediaMonkey.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Yea, use the options -> appearance -> tree setting to hide them.

I should remove them from tweakmonkey at some point.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Ok guys need help here!
A friend of mine who's trying to install this script get error on line 435 whenever he click something in the options of TweakMonkey:

Code: Select all

The object doesnt support this property or method 'edt.Alignment'
Line 435 column 2
Here's the sub in question:

Code: Select all

Sub InitSheetRoot(sheet)
  'root sheet init'

Dim ui, ini, edt
  Set UI = SDB.ui

Dim RootInfo
  Set RootInfo = UI.NewLabel(sheet)
  RootInfo.Alignment = 0 '<--- line 435
  RootInfo.Common.SetRect 10, 10, 400, 20
  RootInfo.Caption = "The TweakMonkey Advanced Options Panel" _
    & VBLF & "Click a sub-tree to view/set options" _
    & VBLF _
    & VBLF & "Version: " & Version _
    & VBLF & "Last Updated: " & Updated

End Sub
We have update the window script host but it didnt help.

What todo?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

No clue, but you could comment out that line and see what happens, all it should do is set the alignment of the info page text.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Well, we just found out that he can't get any auto-script to work so it has to be something with his windows installation. But god knows what? :-?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
Bex

Post by Bex »

Problem fixed!
For unknown reasons he had installed an old version of MM which I didnt think of in the first place... :oops:

All My Scripts
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I was about to ask which version you were running! I'm glad you've got it sorted. :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Here's a new "out of the dust" version of TweakMonkey (I called it 1.0, but that's just a number...). Obviously the script is still a comunity script and is open for anyone to modify.
It's now available in an installer and will install 3 script files.
Here it is: http://home.scarlet.be/ruben.castelein/ ... key1.0.exe

NOTE: For an unknown reason, this script sometimes (and for some people) causes MediaMonkey "Access Violation" errors when MediaMonkey exits. This problem has been reported to the developers, and they hope to get it fixed for MM 3.0.
If you continue to have these errors, you might want to try changing some of TweakMonkey's settings, or use a previous version of this script (in text form in this thread).
Please .don't. post about these Access Violation errors (if they are related to installation of the TweakMonkey script) on the forums. It is already acknowledged and the developers are taking care of it.
Thanks.

Improvements:
- Better layout and coding
- Fast NowPlaying loading (clears now playing on shutdown and reloads it from the library (instead of from the hard drive) on startup, causing faster startup and much less disk usage)
- Resume playback state/position
- Load playlist on startup
- Clear playlist on startup is now done on exit
- Tree configuration works ok now
- Reset player position (for people who lost the internal player)
- Clear search, playlist and url histories
- Change location of database (+ move or copy the database file)
- Switch between MyMusic\MediaMonkey and program folder (use in shared environment) locations, for the MediaMonkey.ini configuration file
- Create zipped backup of the database (MediaMonkey's library, not the music files themselves) and configuration file, and get a history of backups to restore back from.

No code of other scripts has been used for these changes at all.
The idea to zip the backups (+ the used ActiveX component) came from Trixmoto's Backup script, which is a more powerful solution to make backups of important MediaMonkey files (including scripts and more).
Last edited by Steegy on Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Bex

Post by Bex »

Impressive Steegy!
I'll check it out right away.

All My Scripts
Bex

Post by Bex »

Very nice update indeed! :)

Question regarding the fast load of Now Playing.
What if you have tracks in NP that's not in the library, will they not get loaded?

All My Scripts
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Very nice improvement all the way around, thanks for your efforts Steegy!

/salute

edit: I updated the initial post with link to the new version post. Mods can also please feel free to update the thread post in the future if for some reason I'm unable to.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The first time I tried it I got an Access Violation error when I shutdown MM and when I started up my playlist had been cleared (I was trying the Fast Now Playing option but Clear Now Playing was deselected). Seems to be working fine now though, it was just the first time when I'd been playing with all the options. Maybe there's some kind of conflict if you change a certain combination of them? :-?

Impressive work though - I love this script! :D
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Bex wrote:Question regarding the fast load of Now Playing.
What if you have tracks in NP that's not in the library, will they not get loaded?
What this function does is saving the Now Playing playlist to a temporary MM playlist and clearing the NP on MM shutdown. When MM starts back up (with an empty NP) it loads the NP from the temporary saved MM playlist (from library so much faster).
Because the NP list is getting saved as MM playlist, MediaMonkey will automatically add the tracks to the library if they weren't already in it.
I see that this could be a problem for some people, but that's the way MM does it now. Please tell if this is a big problem for you, as it might be possible (difficult or not) to somehow circumvent this (e.g. first look for non-library NP tracks, store there path's and positions (e.g. in INI file), remove them from NP, save NP list, clear NP list, | , load NP list, insert non-library tracks back in.

@ Teknojnky: /salute

And I thought that this Access Violation error was something specific about my setup. Hmm. I should look a bit deeper in the OnShutdown routine for problems (e.g. with logging). I already checked the routine but didn't find anything strange. Anyway, you're always welcome to fix the problem if you find it yourself of course.

Thanks for the comments up to now.
I really hope that this can somehow mean a life renewal for the TweakMonkey script, and can be developed further, by and for the MM community!
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Bex

Post by Bex »

No problem at all for me. I just didn't understand how it worked. :lol:

I don't think it will be a problem for anybody but it could be a good thing point out how it work which I guess we have done now!

And thanks again for the work you have done with this update, i love it!

All My Scripts
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Something to consider about the fast nowplaying loading...

If MM crashes and/or doesn't get shut down properly, you lose your existing now playing list.

I don't know if it would be much slower, but a possible solution might be to not delete the temp playlist at all, just keep it and update every track change so that it always mirrors the normal now playing track list.

This would solve one of the major headaches of the current system where you always lose your current now playlist tracklist if MM crashes or doesnt shut down properly or otherwise can't access/save the mediamonkey.m3u file.