Media Monkey doesn't see that I already have G-Force

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Trixie.in.Dixie

Media Monkey doesn't see that I already have G-Force

Post by Trixie.in.Dixie »

I have recently started using Media Monkey and would like to use my Platinum G-Force as a visualization. However, neither program recognizes that the other exists in my computer, and I think that it is because I have one on my C drive and the other on a separate hard drive.

I tried copying the whole SoundSpectrum folder from the C drive to the other drive where Media Monkey resides, but no go. I tried copying the gforce.dll into the plug-ins folder in Media Monkey but it had no effect. Since I cannot choose what drive G-Force installs to, I can't choose to install it to the drive that the Media Monkey is already on, and so the initial set up from that end won't work.

Is there any way that I can link G-Force to Media Monkey or vice versa so that I can use them together?

Thanks much.
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

Make sure you have copied the gforce plugin into the Mediamonkey\plugins directory.

This plugin should be vis_GForce.dll

Once you have done this you then go to mediaMonkey Tools\Options\Vizualization Plug-ins and select the gforce option.
Trixie.in.Dixie

Well, it must require more than that, because as I already stated, I did copy the gforce.dll to the MM plug-ins folders. I even changed the name so that it is now "vis_gforce.dll" and it still doesn't show as an option under visualizations.

Anyone have any idea how I can get this to work?
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Well, tahts strange. Normally the G-Froce-setup should recognize MediaMonkey and install the correct plugin by itself. You don't have to copy something... Here it works...

Big_Berny
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

Well I only have the dll file from gforce in the plugins folder and it works fine and that was put there by the gfroce installation.
It does support MM as it states in gforce installation, it should detect MM. Do you have MM in the default C:\MediaMonkey folder?
Trixie.in.Dixie

No, if you read my original post here, the whole point of my question is that I have MM on a separate hard drive because of the size of my music library and I am trying to figure out if it is possible to use G-Force on that drive (instead of, or in addition to, the C drive) so that it will work with MM.

I see no way to install G-Force anywhere but on the C drive because it does not offer an option when installing. That is why I was trying to copy G-Force completely or at least the .dll that MM needs to the other drive that contains the MM.

I suspect that there is something else that needs to be copied, or some configuration that needs to be changed so that MM will recognize that G-Force is there, on the same drive, but I don't know what that is. Obviously it's not as easy as just copying the files over.
elricks

Post by elricks »

i have exactly the same issue, and I took the same steps as Trixie. Any suggestions?
elricks

Post by elricks »

I think I have fixed it. In the sound spectrum folder (in my case c:\program files\soundspectrum\g-force there is the stand alone version of g-force and another dll - G-Force.dll

I copied this to my mm plugin folder and g-force can now be seen in the visualisation dir in MM.

I hope this helps.