Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (3.4) is now available from my website. It includes options to backup the skins and the plugins folders.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

Another excellent development of this script - thanks
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Glad you like! :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Nice update trixi!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
sperk

Post by sperk »

Thanks for another great script :)
Unfortunately I'm not as technically savvy as most people here.
Is the purpose of this script so that if MM crashes and has to be reinstalled you don't have to rescan all your music?

When I go to backup:
Am I supposed to specify an output path? (it's just says C:\)
Should I check "output archive"?

thanks
alanl

Post by alanl »

Is the purpose of this script so that if MM crashes and has to be reinstalled you don't have to rescan all your music?

When I go to backup:
Am I supposed to specify an output path? (it's just says C:\)
Should I check "output archive"?
Yes, it saves all the essentials to another directory or disk in case your original stuff gets lost or corrupted - or you make a mess of it :)

In output path enter anything you want as long as it's a valid directory, e.g. X:\My Documents\MediaMonkey

Don't bother with the output archive stuff unless you're really pushed for disk space - it just zips the archive. I've never been able to get it to work anyway.

Hope this helps.
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

Trixmoto, would it be possible to incorporate in any future update a toolbar shortcut button? Perhaps in the Standard Toolbar.

Thanks
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yeah, this is certainly possible. I'll put it on my to do list! :)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (3.5) has the option to show a launch button in the standard toolbar, as requested! :)
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

Awesome! Thankyou.

Don't know how you find the time :lol:
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

No, neither do I! :lol:
Nebbin

Post by Nebbin »

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but I can't get this backup script to run at all. Instead I keep getting a strange error message:

Windows Script Host
There is no script engine for file extension ".vbs"

I run a lot of scripts, but have never seen this before. Is there something I've missed doing? I'm only using basic settings - just backing up db, ini and script folder. Saving to directory not zip file.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It probably means your file associations for .vbs are not correct. They should be to open/run with Windows Script Host.
Nebbin

Post by Nebbin »

I've checked associated file types, but it's setup to open with "Microsoft Windows Based Script Host". If this is a generic script extension problem - why would no other scripts be affected with this error?

---

EDIT: Even though this extension was currently associated with Windows Script Host, it was at some previous time associated with Notepad++. I edited the registry and found an extra entry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\.vbs which was obviously placed there by Notepad++. I removed that entry, and modified the default to VBSFile, and it now all works.

Thanks Trix for highlighting what to look for.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The reason this script is affected whereas others aren't, is actually because this script itself was not affected. However, this script calls a helper script to actually perform the backup outside of MM, to improve performance. It was the triggering of the helper script which was causing the error.

I'm glad it's working for you now. :)