Play History & Stats Node 4.1.0 (2012-08-12)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Bex

Post by Bex »

Thank you powerpill-pacman!
Good suggestion, I'll see what I can do!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts

Post by Guest »

Thank you for this fantastic script! I had no clue that MM kept track on every song I had played in MM. This script displays all my playhistory in a fabulous way...

Thanks again!
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thanks for the nice words! :D
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
cadmanmeg

Post by cadmanmeg »

Cool script and works great! Although I am curious, is it possible for it to track stats for songs that are sent to an mp3 player? I ask because I listen to my music more on my mp3 player than on my computer. So in other words, if a song is added to player, it is then as a stat as being played or something like that.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Sorry, but MM doesn't synchronize playhistory from portable players back to MM. It only updates the playcount. This script is based on the playhistory table so it can only display songs played in MM...

But, it would be cool if MM did update the playhistory table when it synchronized portable players. I think I'll send a request to the MM-team regarding that.

All My Scripts
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

I haven't used this recently, but when I try it now, I get the following error when I try to expand chart nodes.

there was a problem querying the database:
42000:[microsoft][odbc microsoft access driver] syntax error (missing operator) in query expression '1000 TmpId'.

edit, NM I should have read back a couple pages before asking!
Answer = re-install updated script!
cadmanmeg

Post by cadmanmeg »

That was sort of what I meant as with my 2gig mp3 player, I upload new songs to it often and most of the time, the songs are not heard more than twice anyhow so being able to add it at least once, is cool. Thanks for the input.
MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

I don't own an mp3 player (gasp!), but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't track when a song was played, but only incremented a play counter without date/time information.

If this is so, a compromise feature would be to add the tracks "time played" information as the moment when that track was resynched with mediamonkey. (I know this is probbaly beyond the capability of scripting at the moment, but you never know.)
You will probably get a few tracks with identical play times; would this be a problem?
cadmanmeg

Post by cadmanmeg »

But since MM tracks the sycn., then it should at least be able to add a count when a song is sycn'd to a player if that is what I am understanding?
Bex

Post by Bex »

MM does update playcount when it sync's but it doesn't update the playhistory table.

The problem (and solution) is what MeMeMe says. Portable players doesn't keep track on when a song is played. They only increase playcount. This is a known issue when you want to add your playhistory to Last-FM. I don't know if this is the case for all portable players.

@MM-team
Is this something you are considering to implement?

All My Scripts

Post by Guest »

Fantasctic script! Thank you very much!
urlwolf

Post by urlwolf »

Superb script! Thanks!
Felix H.

Post by Felix H. »

Hi!

I get a failure-message when I want to start MM with the newly installed script.
It says something about Error #438 - unknown routine (I think - it's in German...) and that the command "SDB.database.path" in line 149, column 2 is not known.

I installed the newest vbscript-version and have no idea, what else I can do...
Bex

Post by Bex »

What version of MM do you have?

All My Scripts
Felix H.

Post by Felix H. »

It's version 2.5.1