Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Bex

Post by Bex »

Do you mean "single content" or something else?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

An idea for future consideration:

- Option to automatically hide duplicates from different albums (to make it easiser to find duplicates within the same album), or at least to hide duplicates with 'various' or 'various artists' (or other user controllable names) as the album artist.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Do you mean in the custom search? If so would add them to an OK-list solve the problem?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Hmm, no I meant in the main list... to help clear up the clutter when you have several compilations with duplicates from main albums.

Yeah I know I could add them to the "OK" list, but that would stil have to be done manually and checking them all.
Bex

Post by Bex »

I'm a bit lost here. Adding them to the ok list will hide them from the main list. You do know that you can add multiple tracks at the same time?

All My Scripts
Bex

Post by Bex »

Script is updated
Ver 1.7 (2007-01-25)
- Added possibility to set dropped song's playlist entries to the song in node

Enjoy!
/Bex

All My Scripts
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

an idea for the custom dupe search..

Make it restrictable to a specific artist and/or album.

Otherwise its very easy to get several hundred tracks to scroll thru..

this would make it much easier to work with dupes from a specific artist or album that has multiple dupes/bitrates/types/etc.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yes, that might be handy. But you do you know that you can add all tracks from a search to the main window and sort them there and/or send them to a playlist for further analyzes?

All My Scripts
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Bex wrote:Yes, that might be handy. But you do you know that you can add all tracks from a search to the main window and sort them there and/or send them to a playlist for further analyzes?
Yeah, but you can't drag and drop to combine play history/delete unwanted dupes very efficiently that way either.
Bex

Post by Bex »

That's a very good point! :D
I'll see what I can do but I don't think anything will happen until MM 3.0 is out, since I must rewrite the script then.

All My Scripts
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

/nod, hopefully mm3 will be pretty straightforward changes as far as scripting goes.
Bex

Post by Bex »

As far as I understand, it will "only" be the sql part in a script that needs to be rewritten. This script depends heavily on sql so it might take a while to fix it, same thing goes for the Magic Node script. Others might be a lot easier.

I'm sure it will be a lot of discussions regarding this when 3.0 arrives. Hopefully we all can share smart tips on how to deal with different scenarios that multiple artist, genre etc will cause.

All My Scripts

Post by Guest »

Looks interesting but... wher's the script ? - with the existing version s possible to compare the mp3 by BPM and lenght
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

the script is in the 2nd post of the thread.

copy the text and paste it into a .vbs file as per the instructions
Nik

Post by Nik »

G R E A T !

good work indeed guys

In the "duplicate search dialog" i'd like to have BPM; can i add it or change the FILETYPE:

Set cbx8 = SDB.UI.NewCheckBox(Form)
cbx8.Common.SetRect 135,130,280,20
cbx8.Caption = "FileType"
cbx8.Checked = False

to be BPM (complicate ?)

thanks for yr job

Nik