Request for embedding visualisation into dockable panel

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

MoDementia

Request for embedding visualisation into dockable panel

Post by MoDementia »

Steegy has done a wonderful job with Mini Lyrics

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9679

I hope someone could do the same for visualisations. The standard Geiss and MilkDrop and of course G-Force :wink:

Would be great to replace the Album Art panel with my Album Art for G-Force Visualisation :)
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

This shouldn't be different from the MiniLyrics Embedder "system".
The only thing I can't guarantee is that it will work for all versions of the visualisations (like G-Force Free, Gold, ...), but I don't think it will be a problem.

Anyway, MM devs, will this be implemented in some of the next versions? It wouldn't make sense to make a "hack" for this if it's going to supported natively soon...
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

The problem with a "hack" like this is that, for easy comfortable use, it should automaticly be embedded and resized/repositioned every X seconds. That's OK, but it gives problems when you then set the visualisation to full screen.

Here's a sample for the MilkDrop visualisation: http://home.scarlet.be/ruben.castelein/ ... lkDrop.zip

So think this functionality should be included natively.
Last edited by Steegy on Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

You are a genius, I love this

Yeah I knew fullscreen would be an issue but it is easy enough to unembed it whenever

Or Semi Full Screen :)
sasapuksic

Post by sasapuksic »

Great! :P

PS: Put all files to scripts/auto folder ...
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Newer versions of the files:
http://home.scarlet.be/ruben.castelein/ ... bedder.vbs
http://home.scarlet.be/ruben.castelein/ ... bedder.exe

Put both files in MediaMonkey's Scripts\Auto folder (usually C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto) and (re)start MediaMonkey.

Changes:
- Now remembers panel opened/closed state from previous session.
- Disables the automatic repositioning timer, so no "flickering" at all anymore. The best you do is first enable MM's visualisation, and then enable the visualisation embedder panel (which will then automaticly embed the already open visualisation window).
If you just enable (open) the visualisation embedder panel and after that start the visualisation, it won't be embedded. You have to do it in the reverse order, or do what's mentioned in the following lines and resize the embedder panel.

You can also enable "realtime-resizing" be uncommenting line 25 (remove the ' in front of it). Due to the nature of this functionality, it works somewhat strange (high cpu%, flickering and possible slight (very slight and temporarily) mouse problem after releasing the button).

Cheers
Steegy

Overview of embedders: http://home.scarlet.be/ruben.castelein/ ... bedder.jpg
aidan_cage

just a request

Post by aidan_cage »

the Shift+Control+V keys used to load the Visualisation Panel are also used by the Analyze Volume function in the Tools menu. Is there a way to change the keys? I love your work, and support you in your efforts.

You're awesome

PEACE - Tristan
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Yes sure.

Open the .vbs file in a plain text editor (like Notepad). On line 11 you should see

Code: Select all

MI.ShortCut = "Ctrl+Shift+V"
You can change this to the shortcut key you want e.g. "Ctrl+Alt+M"

Cheers and peace to all :D
Padehaw

Post by Padehaw »

if i wasnt sober...
i would be trippin soo hardd
pah68

Post by pah68 »

I can't get it to work?
I start a visualisation and then start the embedder, but it doesn't embed.

Have I missed something? Is it only supposed to work with Milk Drop?
aidan_cage

Post by aidan_cage »

Perhaps someone with more knowledge will post a better reply, but I found that shrinking the Visualization window to what you are approximately looking for, and then positioning it over the area you are embedding it in, worked better for me.
I remember trying it with a couple other visualizations (maybe just one), and having it work. Which one are you trying?
I wish I knew how to get some other ones working with MM period. I tried to get the smoke one working, but it asked for Winamp specifically, and the little trick didn't seem to work for me. Balls. Milk is doing me good.

PEACE - Tristan
pah68

Post by pah68 »

aidan_cage wrote:I found that shrinking the Visualization window to what you are approximately looking for, and then positioning it over the area you are embedding it in, worked better for me.
Yeah, tried that, made it bigger, made it smaller, moved it around. Nothing.
aidan_cage wrote:I remember trying it with a couple other visualizations (maybe just one), and having it work. Which one are you trying?
I was trying Climax (not something I usually type into a forum. :-? ) I can't get Milk to work on my old Tecra M2. I guess I'll have to try some others.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Is it only supposed to work with Milk Drop?
As is now, yes. It's by design.
MilkDrop allows to be embedded, but I think the other default one gave problems in the past, so that's why I decided to play sure and only let it work on MilkDrop.

Anyway, I'd like to wait and see if visualisation embedding is in MM 3.0 or not. If not, then this tweak will be changed so that more visualisations are supported.
Why wait: because I think that embedded visualisation is a strange missing thing in MM (all other players/apps seem to have it).
pah68

Post by pah68 »

Fair enough :wink:
kriscs1

Post by kriscs1 »

I've embedded it into mediamonkey but it's just blank and no visualizations are showing. Any idea?