MM 3.0.0.1017 Feedback/Bugs/Questions

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

dmode101

Post by dmode101 »

I noticed the mouse scrolling speed in the "album cover views" is slow compared to the other panes. This is painfully slow when looking at 1000 CD covers.
Neal

Re: Just a comment

Post by Neal »

PetrCBR wrote:
Neal wrote:I'm sure you are going to get tired of hearing this (maybe) but damn I like what you guys have done.

Neal
Can you send me a screenshot (bugreports dott mediamonkey att com) ?

It has been sent.

Thanks
Neal

Returned Emails

Post by Neal »

I have sent a couple of emails generated by MM when an error occurs and have had them returned with this message:

<<< 451 Could not complete sender verify callout
<bugreports (I rermoved this) mediamonkey (I removed this) com>... Deferred: 451 Could not complete sender verify callout
<<< 503 valid RCPT command must precede DATA
Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours
Will keep trying until message is 5 days old

Since this is the address I sent the requested screen shot to I am not sure it went through.

Neal
PetrCBR

Re: Returned Emails

Post by PetrCBR »

Neal wrote:I have sent a couple of emails generated by MM when an error occurs and have had them returned with this message:

<bugreports (I rermoved this) mediamonkey (I removed this) com>... Deferred: 451 Could not complete sender verify callout

Since this is the address I sent the requested screen shot to I am not sure it went through.

Neal
Hmm .. i have no mail from you. Can you try to send it to petr att mediamonkey dott com ?
alanl

Post by alanl »

I've just sent a bug report through to support at mediamonkey dot com. Will that get to the developers or should I re-send to another address?

I seem to be the only person who can't even get to see the re-born Monkey :cry:

I guess I'll just have to wait :-?
Neal

Re: Returned Emails

Post by Neal »

PetrCBR wrote:
Neal wrote:I have sent a couple of emails generated by MM when an error occurs and have had them returned with this message:

Neal
Hmm .. i have no mail from you. Can you try to send it to petr att mediamonkey dott com ?
Re-sent to new address. Let me know if you do not receive them.

Thanks
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

alanl wrote:I've just sent a bug report through to support at mediamonkey dot com. Will that get to the developers or should I re-send to another address?

I seem to be the only person who can't even get to see the re-born Monkey :cry:

I guess I'll just have to wait :-?
You can send it to bugreports att mediamonkey dott com.
mattisse

Post by mattisse »

For a lot of my MP3s MM3 displays the file creation date instead of the Recording Year tag in the Date field.
This happens although the ID3 frame YEAR exists and is read properly by MM2.5 or Winamp.

So far I couldn't see a pattern in MM3 displaying the correct recording year and displaying the file creation date.

EDIT:
My bad, it's not a bug at all. Just discovered that during the encoding process the encoding/creation date of these files has been written to the TDRC frame (I wonder why). The TDRC frame apparently is now the first place where MM3 looks for the year.
Last edited by mattisse on Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TruckMonkey

Post by TruckMonkey »

I have sent several MM generated log files created when I have been running the "Level Volume" process and the app locks up. It will play about 10 seconds of the current song, then loop and keep playing that same 10 seconds. The "Now Playing" information changes and updates, but the audio is the same looped sound.

BTW, I LOVE the fact that the Now Playing window can be expanded!

Power To The Monkey!
MarineBrat

Post by MarineBrat »

TruckMonkey wrote:I have sent several MM generated log files created when I have been running the "Level Volume" process and the app locks up. It will play about 10 seconds of the current song, then loop and keep playing that same 10 seconds. The "Now Playing" information changes and updates, but the audio is the same looped sound.
This happened to me as well. The player had no information displayed and the same song looped in about a ten second loop.
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

wwhat do you mean "the now playng window can be expanded" ?
are you talking about the folder button on the player - this was possible in 2.x also.

Dale.
Product Designer & Indie Developer.
Building at the intersection of motion, art, and code.
Find me on twitter and all the other ones here.
TruckMonkey

Post by TruckMonkey »

DaledeSilva wrote:wwhat do you mean "the now playng window can be expanded" ?
are you talking about the folder button on the player - this was possible in 2.x also.

Dale.
no, just the ability to expand the window up while it is still docked. very cool.
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

Congratulations the overall appearance and introduction of new features is very impressive.

1. Initial install caused loss of all playcounts
2. Ratings are completely random and have no relationship to previous ratings settings
3. "Frozen" is a very common error whenever changing from list to album art view, or searching the database prompting for email to MM support.
When this happens only recourse is to shutdown via task manager which show two instances of MM (<track name> - mediamonkey not responding)
and one instance od "Error" - running
4. Initial install started a volume analysis although all analysed volumes were displayed in their own field from previous version - cancelled operation.
5. Selecting "overide backgrounds" only displays the selected alternate background behind tracks. Where there are no tracks a white background is displayed. e.g. if the now playing only has 10 tracks displayed the alternate background only shows down to the end of those tracks.

I have sent the email as requested each time the programme "freezes"
WinXP SP2 Pentium IV 3.2 MM 3.0 Alpha
pah68

Post by pah68 »

TruckMonkey wrote:
DaledeSilva wrote:wwhat do you mean "the now playng window can be expanded" ?

Dale.
no, just the ability to expand the window up while it is still docked. very cool.
You could always do that :-?
durden999uk

Post by durden999uk »

I'll bet he kept his MM in the default setup, like the front page screenshot - in that situation the now playing couldn't be re-sized upwards because of the (non-resizable) player