StartupNode: Automaticly open a node when MediaMonkey starts

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Hey

The new "StartupNode" submenu is added to the "Edit" menu (not the "View" menu as I mentioned in the first post. Sorry about that; I now fixed this typing.)

Cheers
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Thank you very much. I tink that this was the only essential thing missing from Mediamonkey. Now this script make MM act like a Pro software. You understand? Now can I consider MM as a software, not like a program anymore.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

In that case MM3 will make you even happier. I think that in one of the next versions a "startup node" functionality will be included natively.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

That would be great! I bought Mediamonkey 2.x Gold,
and I surely buy version 3.x.

Thanks again.
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Hey

I have been using startupnode for a couple days and it is a great script.
Today I installed magic nodes but startupnode doesn't open the node created with magic nodes. Is there any way that the two can work together?
Thanks
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

MediaMonkey executes the auto-scripts alphabetically (I think), so because MagicNodes comes before StartupNode that's OK (otherwise we'd have to rename on of the vbs files).

...B U T...: Probably MagicNodes hasn't yet finished creating the custom node while StartupNode is executed. Therefore StartupNode can't select the not yet created node.

To try to fix it, open the StartupNode.vbs file (usually in C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto) in Notepad and change

Code: Select all

LaunchTimerTimeout = 0
to e.g.

LaunchTimerTimeout = 500
That would make StartupNode wait 500 ms (0.5 seconds) before it starts. After that time, MagicNodes should already be finished.

Cheers
Steegy
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Hey Steegy

I tried the delay up to 2 sec but no luck.
Anyways, thank you for the response.
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Hey Steegy,
I uninstalled tweakmonkey and everything works as advertised now.
Thanks again for this great script.

8)
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

JFYI: In the new version of TweakMonkey, you can disable it from setting a startup node so you can prevent it from interfering it with a script like StartupNode.
larebz

Post by larebz »

can you tell me how i can stop the node from being expanded at startup when it opens please?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Using "TweakMonkey"? It's one of the options in the TweakMonkey settings, you can choose for each node whether it is hidden/visible/expanded.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
larebz

Post by larebz »

yer but the thing is i want it to startup on the Library>Location>(H: )>All node and i think tweakmonkey only has options for the main nodes and not certain ones doesnt it?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yes, try Favourite Nodes instead - I think this will do what you're after.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Steegy_

Post by Steegy_ »

larebz wrote:can you tell me how i can stop the node from being expanded at startup when it opens please?
Yes, quite at the beginning of the script's code, change

isStartupNodeExpanded = True
to

isStartupNodeExpanded = False
larebz

Post by larebz »

ahhh thanks alot mate, thats what i was looking for in the script, i dunno why i couldn't find it before casue that was what i changed in the old version of the startup nodes script before.