sqlite db query error

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

llcj

sqlite db query error

Post by llcj »

Hi all,

I installed mediamonkey 3.0 alpha 2 and I'm querying the new database with a simple query using SQLite2007 Pro. I renamed the mediamonkey database to mm.db3 and opened it. Then I ran a query "select * from artists order by id". This runs as expected... However, if I try to run "select * from artists order by artist", the query errors out with: "no such collation sequence: IUNICODE". Is this a limitation with my query program or a bug affecting mediamonkey... or do I need to change my query in some way??? I have many mp3 songs and artists that use foreign characters. I've been able to run queries under mediamonkey 2.5 easily but I'm new to this sqlite engine.
C# n00b enthusiast
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

I get this stupid IUNICODE-Message too and still down't know how to fix that.

Maybe one of the developers could tell us how to define this collation sequence within the DB. I haven't time for SQLite at the moment to find it out by my self :(

As long as I can't manipulate the DB, I can't switch to MM3. There's too much work in my old DB.
jiri

Post by jiri »

IUNICODE collation is defined by MM for the SQLite database in order to specify case insensitive sort order for Unicode characters. I'm not aware of other method how to achieve this and I'm also not sure how to force other applications to properly open the database, please let us all know here if you find anything.

Jiri
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

I thought something like that.
How do you define it within MediaMonkey/Delphi?
jiri

Post by jiri »

It's done using SQLite API function SQLite3_CreateCollation16().

Jiri
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

Thanks a lot :lol: