MM Non-Native File Types now Available/Playable in MM

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Peke

MM Non-Native File Types now Available/Playable in MM

Post by Peke »

Here is little help for all those users looking support for some not-natively MM supported File formats, but surely lots of users want MM to support/Play them:

AC3: WinampAC3
MP4, M4A, AAC, PS AAC, HE ACC, Nero Digital: MP4 Input Plugin (for Winamp2/5)
M4P: M4P input plugin (for Winamp2/5)
RA: Tara's Real Audio Input Plugin
MPEG-1, MPEG-2, DAT/VCD, ASF, WMV, MOV, AVI, DivX, RV, QT, SWF, DVD Playback: Winamp PowerPlayer II
MP3Pro: THOMSON mp3PRO Decoder (Plugin for Winamp)

I'm hopping that this helped some of you to solve problems and now even more enjoy in Monkeying.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
tbessie

Question about these

Post by tbessie »

Hey there...

Thanks for the links -- I'm curious, how does the "VID4wa Video Plug-in" on the plugins page compare to the video plugin in your list?

I just installed the VID4wa plugin, and wondered if I should drop it and use the other one. Have you used both?

- Tim
Peke

Post by Peke »

I didn't test then both.
I was searching for AAC plugin when I come allong on others and then shared my findings.
Best regards,
Peke
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

What about support for .ogm files. I'm desperatly looking for that.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Best regards,
Peke
moiss

xvid, divx .... information with plugin?

Post by moiss »

hi peke,
which plugin to you prefer for avi's (xvid, divx..). I need one who shows the technical data of avi's.

VID4wa Video Plug-in is only a player for avi's, but shows really no information of the listed. in the database the coloms of avi's are empty.

has someone a solution?
thanks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Some of these do show more data about the video, but I don't remember which one did.
wiskyjon

Post by wiskyjon »

I do not have Winamp installed and because of this 85% of plugins do not install (changing the extract directory as discribed in your links is NOT possible as Install button is unavailable). Thanks for all of the work, unfortunately these plug-ins are NOT cross compatible MM~WA!

I thought that you would want to be aware - wisky :cry:
tommae88

Post by tommae88 »

wiskyjon wrote:I do not have Winamp installed and because of this 85% of plugins do not install (changing the extract directory as discribed in your links is NOT possible as Install button is unavailable). Thanks for all of the work, unfortunately these plug-ins are NOT cross compatible MM~WA!

I thought that you would want to be aware - wisky :cry:
yes it is possible, you simply need to create a blank text document in your MM directory and rename it to winamp.exe instead (this creates the illusion that it is the winamp directory)
wiskyjon

Post by wiskyjon »

Oh, really?

It's that simple, thanks for the headsup I'll try that.
moiss

Post by moiss »

winamp.exe dummy file. cool . :-)), becauce i made the same experience like wiskyjon.

but when MM don't want to be a MediaManager but a MusikManager, than I forget MM, because there are better MediaManager on market.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

For now MediaMonkey is a music manager. I don't know what the developers will do in the future.
wiskyjon

Post by wiskyjon »

I think that a better statement would be "MM is in beta Testing of a New Media Manager, or Under Construction" :cry:

I'm hoping that these problems with Metadata and all of these false positives on track data can be resolved soon. Because as it sits now manually setting tags and removing duplicate track data reports is simply not possable with 7,200 tracks and growing covering nearly every Genere. :P
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Most users feel that MediaMonkey is a good/best product that is competitive with other offerings available. We all of course have our wishes for improvement, but that doesn't take away that it's a good software.

What metatag problems, false positives are you talking about? The duplicate management is something that many would like to do automatic, and it might be included in the future. I can't wait to see all the support request for people loosing the wrong duplicate copy. It is something that is best done manually, of course on large libraries this can take a while, time some users wish not to dedicate.
moiss

Post by moiss »

wiskyjon wrote: with Metadata and all of these false positives on track data can be resolved soon. Because as it sits now manually setting tags and removing duplicate track data reports is simply not possable with 7,200 tracks and growing covering nearly every Genere. :P
I found this point of view interesting, but my english performance doesn't allow to really understand your meaning. please could you write again the same, but in other words. (sorry, its no joke :lol: )