TweakMonkey (advanced options page) 1.02 - 4/2/2007 [MM2+3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Postby urlwolf » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:20 am

didn't work for me.
I got a shell error on line 269.
urlwolf

Postby Steegy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:37 am

Did you use the installer?
-If not, you'll have to use it to install everything needed for the script.
-If yes...

Are vbs files still associated to Windows Scripting Host?
-If not, you'll have to reassociate them manually, or reinstall Windows Scripting Engine 5.1
-If yes...

Have you deleted/moved any files from the script?
-If yes, put them back, or reinstall the script
-If not, then call support ;)
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Steegy

Postby urlwolf » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:30 am

Steegy wrote:Did you use the installer?
-If not, you'll have to use it to install everything needed for the script.
-If yes...

yes.

Are vbs files still associated to Windows Scripting Host?
-If not, you'll have to reassociate them manually, or reinstall Windows Scripting Engine 5.1
-If yes...

yes

Have you deleted/moved any files from the script?
-If yes, put them back, or reinstall the script
-If not, then call support ;)

no moved files.
Calling support :)
urlwolf

Postby Steegy » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:48 am

Hey urlwolf. Sorry for the long wait.
Support says: try the new version :)

New Version: http://home.scarlet.be/ruben.castelein/ ... ey1.02.exe
Code: Select all
ADD Set custom file icons for different MM music file types
ADD Auto-randomize Now Playing on startup
IMP Removed small piece of double code
ADD Tree nodes "search", "net radio" and "web"

XTODO: With combination of "Randomize playlist..." and "Fast NowPlaying loading", allow resuming the correct previous track (is now just randomized)
XTODO: Add extra code comments

To edit/update the script, you obviously first install it and then you can change the sources. To create an installer with a new version, you need the iss file: http://home.scarlet.be/ruben.castelein/ ... Monkey.iss (and InnoSetup and the program ISTool).

I didn't thoroughly test this version, but it should be ok (except for the Access Violations that are still there on MM2.5).

@Teknojnky: could you check that all your changes are implemented here? (because I resumed on older version that already had icon support, after you released an update) Normally everything should be there (except one double code thing I removed around line 110).
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Steegy

Postby junglemonkey » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:54 am

hey steegy?

what is all this about icons and tweak monkey ? i must have missed something?

:o
junglemonkey

Postby Steegy » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:06 am

Well, you can now assign custom icons for most MM music file types (as requested many times). I'd say: try it once and you'll see.
For the script to do its job, MM mustn't re-associate these file types itself when it starts (I probably forgot to mention/test this in the script).
Steegy

Postby Teknojnky » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:16 am

Updated first post.

This is my modified shutdown and startup subs (of version 1.0):

Sub SDB_OnShutDown

SetINIString "PlaybackPosition", SDB.Player.PlayBackTime
    SetINIString "PlaybackState", SDB.Player.IsPlaying & "-" & SDB.Player.IsPaused

If GetINIBool("UseFastNPLoading", False) Then
          If SDB.PlaylistByTitle("NPSaved").Id <> 0 Then 'if old NPSaved exists then delete it'
              SDB.PlaylistByTitle("NPSaved").Delete
          End If
        SetINIString "NPCurrentSong", SDB.Player.CurrentSongIndex
        Dim RootPlaylist : Set RootPlaylist = SDB.PlaylistByTitle("")
        If SDB.PlaylistByTitle("NPSaved").Id <> 0 Then SDB.PlaylistByTitle("NPSaved").Delete
        Dim NPSaved : Set NPSaved = RootPlaylist.CreateChildPlaylist("NPSaved")
        NPSaved.Clear

Dim CSL : Set CSL = SDB.Player.CurrentSongList
        Dim i
        For i = 0 To CSL.Count - 1
            NPSaved.AddTrack(CSL.Item(i))
        Next

SDB.Player.PlaylistClear
    End If

If GetINIBool("UseFastNPLoading", False) Then
          If SDB.PlaylistByTitle("NPSaved").Id <> 0 Then 'check first to see that NPSaved exists'
            SDB.Player.PlaylistClear    ' To make sure that the playlist is really empty
            SDB.Player.PlaylistAddTracks(SDB.PlaylistByTitle("NPSaved").Tracks)

SDB.Player.CurrentSongIndex = CLng(GetINIString("NPCurrentSong", "0"))
            SDB.ProcessMessages
          End If

' First check that the NPSaved node really exists. (If it doesn't exist, the root node would be returned, and deleted!)
        ' commented this out, to leave the NPSaved playlist intact then delete when MM shuts down properly'
'          If SDB.PlaylistByTitle("NPSaved").Id <> 0 Then SDB.PlaylistByTitle("NPSaved").Delete
    Else
        ' Auto-Play/Resume/Shuffle/Repeat/Randomize/LoadPlaylist ---------
        If GetINIBool("LoadPlaylist", False) Then
            Dim PlaylistName : PlaylistName = GetINIString("Playlist", "")
            If PlaylistName <> "" Then
                If DoesPlaylistExist(PlaylistName) Then
                    SDB.Player.PlaylistClear
                    SDB.Player.PlaylistAddTracks(SDB.PlaylistByTitle(PlaylistName).Tracks)
                End If
            End If     
        End If
    End If

The object was to preserve existing functionality should MM crash or be shutdown improperly (restore previously now playing, instead of having a blank now playing).

I haven't yet checked out your new version, but the above was the only changes I did to the previous version.
Teknojnky

Postby rovingcowboy » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:13 am

Steegy wrote:Well, you can now assign custom icons for most MM music file types (as requested many times). I'd say: try it once and you'll see.
For the script to do its job, MM mustn't re-associate these file types itself when it starts (I probably forgot to mention/test this in the script).

oh i did not realize you were making a shortcut to doing that.

i just do it the old way and keep fighting with microsoft after they change them back when i do the updates.

right now all my music format files have the same monkey icon.
:P
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at viewtopic.php?p=44008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Xp pro sp3, vers 3.2 jukebox, pcchips mb. amd sem... built by me) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.2 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.WinXp pro sp 3 version 2.5 and version 3.2 work gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 4.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox. 5.WinXp pro sp3, vers 2.5.5, moms computer. Sony vaio.)6. Motorola Photon. Android 4.1.2
rovingcowboy

Postby nohitter151 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:29 pm

Ever since I've installed Tweakmonkey whenever I start up Mediamonkey the "Net Radio" node shows up even though I have it checked to be off in the options. If I go to Tools --> Options, and just click Ok without changing anything, the Net Radio disappears. Its not a big deal, but annoying nonetheless. Happening to anyone else? Any way to fix?
nohitter151

Postby Bex » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:02 pm

That node can be turned of under Appearance->Tree. (MM original functionality.)

Btw, you seem to use the old version of the script. Upgrade to the latest.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Bex

Postby Teknojnky » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:05 pm

The latest is where it happens, I suspect that it has something to do with an array index being incorrect incremented but I havent looked.
Teknojnky

Postby Steegy » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:12 pm

Thanks for mentioning this.

Around line 205 in TweakMonkey.vbs, replace
        NodeRef(NodeName).Visible = GetTreeVisibility(NodeName)

with
        If CanNodeVisibility(NodeName) Then
            NodeRef(NodeName).Visible = GetTreeVisibility(NodeName)
        End If

It should be fixed in the next version.

Explanation: a check was missing here to verify if the TweakMonkey script can change a node's visibility or not (Net Radio and Web nodes).
Steegy

Postby Bex » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:23 pm

Aha, It was me who didn't have the latest version! :lol:
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Bex

Postby nohitter151 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:30 pm

Thanks! Problem solved :D .
nohitter151

Postby Mizery_Made » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:42 am

I recently had to reinstall this script as I accidentally deleted it's VBS instead of the VBS of another script. I have since ran into a rather annoying problem. The Net Radio node will simply not go away while this script is running. I close MM and rename the VBS so it won't affect MM, restart MM back up and the node is non-existent, but the moment I once again make the script file a VBS and run MM, it reappears.

I have tried uninstalling the script, even making sure to delete it's entry in MediaMonkey's INI (Not the Scripts INI, MediaMonkey's) and to my surprise, when reinstalling the script, it still came up with my old settings for hidden/visible nodes aswell as the Net Radio once again reappeared.

Any thoughts on the problem?
Mizery_Made

PreviousNext

Return to Need Help with Addons?