Forum Screw ups.

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

rovingcowboy

Forum Screw ups.

Post by rovingcowboy »

okay i have got an email answer the other week from rusty about this error.
he said to post here and see if anyone else has had the same thing happen, i was just going to drop it and blame my isp servers or one on the hop's doing it.

but i am seeing more and more of the same types of errors in everyone else's posts. are you noticing it in your messages or did you just think it a server screwup someplace also.

here is what the errors are.

typo's on one line replys. or on long reply's not only misspelled words. but typos of where the letters are not there.

i have been using spell check on my messages and when i see a mistake i typed i back space and correct the mistake.

but when i submit the post the letters are still missing and the backspaced and corrected error is still the error? or only half the error and half the correction.

i have seen them in posts from you all over the world some in eroupe some in the uk, and some in the land down under.
it is in post's from every country.

here is examples:

(thought to be typo but is not this can be any word or set of words i use not the. as the example.)

not the. would and does at times show up as no the.
not the. would and does at times show up as no tthe.
not the. would and does at times show up as tno the.
(the backspace correction error)

some thing like i make a statement and.

(corrected to to read)

sometimes like when i make a statement and.

(shows up after submit)

some thing like when make statement and.

end of examples.

now as said this is showing up in everyones messages not just mine.

and i can always correct the errors with an edit of the post.
so something is messing up.

if it had not been in every ones posts i would have forgot about it.

so are you all getting the same errors when you read the board or is it just some servers on my isp's route hop's that is messing up on both submitting and reciveing?
:o

i even had to fix a few in this post? :o
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

The only occasional errors I have in my posts are because I just mistyped something and didn't bother to correct.

Do you have the same problem on all 3 of your computers, or is it pebkac :P ? (just kidding, the term is new to me and I kind of like it)
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

the other computers are off line.

the win98 had typo's in all the messages also. but i thought that was just the misspelling

this new stuff that shows up in all the messages makes me think it is the servers which is why i was wondering if you all seen the errors in messages you read. i really have seen them in messages from every poster in the forum. and they are always the same type as i showed.

so thats why i asked what you guys see. 8)

the other remark is childish and does not deserve any reply 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I've never seen a post appear differently to the way I submitted it. I find typos are user error and can accept this as my own fault! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Morten

Post by Morten »

Maybe it's MediaMonkey's "Case Checker"-script which messes up your messages rovingcowboy? :roll:
Best regards,
Morten
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

trixmoto wrote:I've never seen a post appear differently to the way I submitted it. I find typos are user error and can accept this as my own fault! :)
i know that trixmoto i also can accept that because i fix them
when i see them, but when it posts my first typed message without the corrected text or the half messed up text. that is not my fault and there is something going on.

when i see it in other's posts i thought it might be typos as well but when i see it in all posts something is not right.

morten that dont deserver any answer either.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Reeeaaaallllyyyyy strange... :roll:
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Maybe its your modem! :o :lol: 8)

/grin and /duck
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

So now you're even bothering the developers with crazy-talk like this? You do know that they have better things to do than listen to this, don't you?

Please follow typing lessons, or learn to live with the garbledness of your posts. I'd prefer the first option though.

If I didn't "know you better", I'd sometimes think you're smoking wheat or so. No, this is not a joke or even an attempt for one. It might sound bad, but this is just what I think atm.

BTW: Are Winamp's and other forums broken too?
Last edited by Steegy on Mon May 14, 2007 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

you guys i say that in a tempered manor. seem to not be able to READ trixmoto was able to read it and i am surprised he is the only one that seems to read it?

maybe you can read this. I find this error in EVERY ONE'S POST'S.

NOT JUST MINE

so your childish answers and drunken thoughts are improper for answers. Just remeber "do unto others" so you now have opened your self up for all kinds of crap replys by anyone on any forum your in.

it won't be me but it will happen.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Cowboy, it seems that you are the only one that experience these "errors".
Check your browser settings and the plugin you might have installed with it or simply use another browser.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
monkey hi fi

Post by monkey hi fi »

Bex wrote:Cowboy, it seems that you are the only one that experience these "errors".
Check your browser settings and the plugin you might have installed with it or simply use another browser.
okay thank you bex that is what i was trying to find out.

it seems the ie 7 is messing up as i can not pick up my pop3 email account now either? ms knowledge base says some sort of error needs updated. i'll see if it fixes this typo stuff also.

thank you again bex.
8)

rovingcowboy / keith hall.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Although FF2 is my main browser I've also used IE7 without any of the issues you are reporting rovingcowboy. Are you sure the mistakes in other people's post you are experiencing aren't just typos!?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
monkey hi fi

Post by monkey hi fi »

some could be trixmoto. but i took that in to account and
still found errors of the type i said in all the posts. even your's and steegys. and you both said you correct them most the time.

i still don't know what is causing this but it has stopped the posts are not showing errors anymore atleast not every post now. i don't think that updated did anything but it might have replaced some file needed. although i still can't ge my email.

thats msn's fault its their server that is disconnecting.
i'll just chalk this up to another unknown window screen hole.
8) so lock this trixmoto.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

monkey hi fi! It's simply not possible what you say! The forum will surely not change the text the way you describe! If there would really be a bug it would look different! PCs and modems don't work that way! The data is stored digitally! What you describe are just normal typos. That's why they are there in every one posts!

The only thing you could do is a malware-test: http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner

Sorry, but I have the same impression like steegy...
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design