Possible Screen Saver Add on?

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Fugazism

Possible Screen Saver Add on?

Post by Fugazism »

New to MM but loving it so far! Wow.
Anyways, what I would really like to be able to do is have a screen saver going which displays the track, artist, and album (and maybe album art) so I can see it from across the room.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

the audio visual plug ins let you set them to full screen with
the song info shown on them at the start of the song.

and you can do that and use it as a screen saver. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
MediaMan

Re:

Post by MediaMan »

rovingcowboy wrote:the audio visual plug ins let you set them to full screen with
the song info shown on them at the start of the song. and you can do that and use it as a screen saver. 8)

Can you elaborate a bit on the above? How would I obtain and confiure such a plug-in?
Windows 7,8 | iTunes 11.2.2.3 | IOS 7.1.2 | MM Gold 4.1.3.1708 | d_itunes4.dll Ver 4.0.4.2438
rovingcowboy

Re: Possible Screen Saver Add on?

Post by rovingcowboy »

the milkdrop and the other two offered for download on the addons site for monkey. have options in them you get when you right click on their video panel you can set them up that way some are able to just be stretched to full screen and will remember that size, the next time they are started.

in this way you can have them for a screen saver.

but to make it work any time your going to need to use windows scheduler and set up a task job.

use the options on there to start a playlist, which you can do with the script from peke look in the all script thread.

in the task jobs other options you can tell it to run when the system has been idle for so long. then stop when it is not idle anymore,

this playlist will start and play songs you should also have the av plug in working in monkey too i think there is a way to have it start up with mediamonkey. i have not used them for a long time i use my skin's built in av's.

but setting it up with the windows task scheduler is how you should time anything to come on and go off.
:D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
MediaMan

Post by MediaMan »

Appreciate the detailed resposne. Thanks. Willl give it a shot.
Windows 7,8 | iTunes 11.2.2.3 | IOS 7.1.2 | MM Gold 4.1.3.1708 | d_itunes4.dll Ver 4.0.4.2438
MediaMan

Post by MediaMan »

Hmmm, heavy of visualization, but I was looking for something a little more subtle, and at least something with album art. Do any options exist for a screen saver that would persistently/occasionally show the album art and song title?
andy_h

Post by andy_h »

i use a program called "cd art display" for this. it comes with a screensaver that shows the cover art, artist name, song title, etc.
FEB

album art screensaver, is there such a thing?

Post by FEB »

Long-time satisfied MM user here. I often just let my MM play all day when I'm home, and would love an add-on that displays the Now Playing song's album cover full-screen, refreshing each time a new song starts. Is there one somewhere and I've just not seen it?
Last edited by Lowlander on Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing topic