Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

it destroyed my folders on C

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:05 am

Hi,

I have just tried to use that script and it deleted all my folders from C in Documents and Settings.

I think the option: Cleanup output path before backup was responsible for it.

The application has asked me whether I would like to perform the action, and I said "No to All", and it started to delete all my folders on C:

This is not good at all!

What is this?

rgds,

kuck

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:10 am

I'm sorry that this has happened but in several places throughout this thread in big bold red letters I've stated that you should use a separate folder, not a root folder!! I'll take a look at the script but I'm not sure why this has happened.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:28 am

New version (4.2) is now available from my website.

Unfortunately it appears that whilst tidying up some code I did in fact break the "No To All" button. For this I am extremely sorry, and I have rectified this fact in this new version.

Once again I would like to reiterate that the output path should not be a root folder, I have put warnings about this in the script, I don't know what more I can do to warn you.

@Guest - here are some tips for trying to restore your data, if you don't have a backup: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 6836#86836
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

Diabolic-Destiny

Post by Diabolic-Destiny » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:25 pm

it autobacks it up but it never asked me where ot save output folder where is the default?

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:41 am

You need to run the script manually (Tools, Scripts, Backup) to get the list of options. Once you've done a manual backup, if you've selected any of the auto modes then these will run using the same settings.

RedX

Post by RedX » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:22 am

trixmoto wrote:(...)
Once again I would like to reiterate that the output path should not be a root folder, I have put warnings about this in the script, I don't know what more I can do to warn you.

(...)
You could check if the path has parent folder and if not, pop up a message box and not do anything.

I'd like to know if it is possible to have backup of the last X MM starts since when you're trying out a new script you might have to restart a couple of times eventually ending with corrupted backups. (happened a few times with me). Or maybe add an option to backup only once a day.

Thx a lot,
Red

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:54 pm

This is a great script which I use on a daily basis. Is it possible to add the ability to export/backup playlists in a future version? If not, is there already a script created that will export all playlists on shutdown??

Nyn

Diabolic-Destiny

Post by Diabolic-Destiny » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:05 pm

I just ran this backup script from a clean install everything is working well except one auto script

LibraryPanes

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 9260#49260

I keep receiving this error upon startup

Code: Select all

Error #1024 - Microsoft VBScript Compilation Error
Expected statement
File: "C"\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\LibraryPanes.vbs", Line  827, Column 0
and upon google search
http://community.installshield.com/arch ... 93452.html
I realized it has something to do with using two locations or something

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:21 am

@RedX - if you include the date and time in the output path then you can discard any corrupt backups and just keep the one's you want. What I might do is add an option to overwrite a previous backup or not, so you could then specify the date in the output path and that would only backup once a day.

@nynaevelan - have you tried my "Backup Playlists" script? I might look at trying to include this as an option to run within this script.

@Diabolic-Destiny - can you tell me what that line of code is, I've not got the script here.

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:36 am

Trixmoto:

Yes I use your backup playlists script but I have to manually backup the playlists. I really love this one and I was hoping some similar functionality to back up my playlists as well. It's not a necessity but it would be nice.

Nyn

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:02 am

It's on my list to add the functionality to this script. When it gets done might depend on whether this table is different in MM3.

Diabolic-Destiny

Post by Diabolic-Destiny » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:33 am

I tried a clean install and it seems the error only occurs when i get minilyrics to run with it

and with the clean install i get this error

Error #-2147418113 - 
File: "C"\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\LibraryPanes.vbs", Line  760, Column 4
Line 760 Has this code

Call SDB.ProcessMessages

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:29 am

Strange, I've no idea why that line would cause an error. :-?

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:03 am

New version (4.3) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Added option to overwrite previous backup or not
- Added option to include BackupPlaylists export

Note that you'll need the Backup Playlists script to re-import the export, the restoration script will not do this (as user interaction is necessary).

Vyper

Post by Vyper » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:43 am

There's a problem, Trix. (or I don't know what I'm doing)

I installed your update but didn't change any settings and ran the backup like I always have. It now stops almost immediately saying the output folder already exists. It never did that before. I would create the folder I wanted the backups in, use the 2 browse buttons to tell the backup where to go, and then run it.

Does it work differently now?
Stop Button Freak