Comments relate to 2126:
Speed: fixed. Opening Devices&Services>GPM>AllTracks was 9:14 minutes with a spinning disk ... is now 1:07
Now that I have the AddLinksToGPMMissing option

, I can turn it off, and better see what is going on.
Still unable to manage GPM integration in the way I want ... is this still an ongoing WIP? ... is confusing since there are so many mantis entries
Walk through of my Use Case test
ie. EntireLibrary>All Tracks shows I have 43,268 tracks transferred to MM5 from MM4
They should all be in my GPM library
Scan completes ... I get a "scan results" dbox before the scan starts ("imported 0 files") ... but no dbox at end of sync (even though Tools|Options|Library|ShowScanResultsDbox set to True) ... so I don't know whether there were errors, and have no access to any error log.
After the GPM sync, EntireLibrary>Location>GPM has only 41559 tracks, so I presume that there are 1,709 tracks that you could not match ... before the new scan option, you would have created MM duplicates for these
I could fix mismatches by re-tagging, but I cannot see which tracks are not matched. ... and I cannot analyse the mismatches so that i can suggest any further improvements.
I went to EntireLibrary>Alltracks and tried filtering by Source:
- Is Cloud (download): None (as expected)
- Is Network - says that there is only 200 (?!) files ... maybe there is a testing LIMIT clause on that SELECT statement? ... lists tracks whose artist tag is at beginning of the sort order
- Is all_other_settings: none
Frustrating .. close, but no progress.
Open Devices&Services>GPM>AllTracks ... (did I say this was quick?

) ... 44,733 tracks .. so, 44,733 - 44,733 = 1,465 tracks which are not in MM ... I would like to browse these, so I can add some fresh music into MM db
But I have no way to see which tracks are in GPM, but not in MM5 ... more frustration
* Devices&Services>GPM>AllTracks has no filter facility ... why?
* sort by column ... all columns have the same Source value (a "play" icon)
I filter by one artist who I know does not exist in MM db, and I select two albums, and right click Download
dump 9547583F ... Too many threads for indexing ... btw I DID NOT alter Tools|Options|Downloads|NumberOfConcurrent from 4
try again with fewer tracks, 10 tracks instead of 47 this time.
does not dump, but it is not working as expected ... Devices&Services>GPM ... download tracks using right click menu .. tracks seem to be initially downloaded to my custom location ok, but you them move them to the default location when you are putting tracks into artist/album folders ... 4 tracks always seem to be left behind in the custom location for each album, and there is no copy of those tracks with the rest of the album
Also the dbox "file x:\xxxx\xxxxx already exists, Replace?" has a "Yes To All" button ... the button seems to have the same effect as the "Yes" button, so has to be pressed multiple times. ... it points to the default download location, not my custom download location.
try again ... 2 more albums in this batch ... same thing
So I have now downloaded three albums in total
EntireLibrary>All tracks.. I can now see info about the downloaded files, still nothing about the other linked files.... I filtered by Source ... it is a mess:
- Is Cloud: 20 tracks from 3 albums: path for all is a Google url ... Source = a "play" symbol
- Is Cloud (downloaded): 8 tracks from 2 albums: path is my custom download location ... source icon is a symbol suggesting download
- Is Local: 20 tracks from 3 albums: path is C drive, my profiles Music\Downbloads folder ... icon looks like a speaker grill
- Is Network: still 200 files
I check my hard drive:
- Music/Downloads in my profile: has setup an artist/album folder hierarchy ... 3 albums, 20 tracks ... no tags in any of the tracks
- my custom location: flat folder structure, ie. no artist/album structure ... 12 tracks ... 4 from each of the 3 albums ... all tracks have tags
Other items:
Why is there a config setting for download location at Tools|Options|Downloads|DefaultDLLocation, and a different one at Devices&Services>GPM SaveDownLoadsTo ? ... different purposes? .. they show different values ... having two settings is confusing
In the above test I customised only the Devices&Services>GPM SaveDownLoadsTo setting
Devices&Services>GPM .. SaveDownloadsTo ... browse to a custom location, and press OK (ie. don't exit with Cancel) ... but selection is not stored unless you also press the APPLY button on the main screen ... no protection if I continue forward to the AllTracks button, without press the Apply button (which doesn't exist on the alternate route btw; ie. File|AddScan) ... same problem if I navigate away using the Media tree ... the browse dbox had "OK" and "Cancel" options, and I specifically pressed OK ... so you should warn if you are about to destroy uncommitted change ... The browse dbox should commit its own changes IMO
at Devices&Services>GPM RemoteContent tab ... first time through, when it has default settings .. both "On SyncUpdateLibraryWithLinks" and ... '"add links to GPM for Missing Content" are defaulted on ... unable to deselect "add links to GPM for Missing Content" ... I have to deselect "On SyncUpdateLibraryWithLinks" ... AND THEN SELECT IT AGAIN, before I can deselect "add links to GPM for Missing Content" ... I tried to report this before, but I think that you misunderstood.
Add/RescanFilesToLibrary "Look up track information (Registered users only)". ... should this (also) be on the Devices&Services>GPM panel? ... does it do anything that the Devices&Services>GPM controls don't also do?
The tool tips still do not seem as good as they could be IMO ... you guys are thinking and working with sync all day long ... I don't think that the tool tips are as clear as you think that they are.
If you are updating the MM db, which not say so explicitly? ... it is important to a MM user, and you are not explicit .. "the library" is ambiguous ... if you are doing something to the MM db you need to be explicit IMO about what gets updated.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qnodmdzomtl8j ... 1.png?dl=0
It doesn't add "links"... it add tracks to the MM db ... and which "library?" do you mean .. suggest something like "Add, into the MM database, any tracks not already there ... and link them to the track copies at GPM"
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mec9r3pc4a38k ... 2.png?dl=0
It doesn't just download the tracks, it also adds them into MM .. "Download from GPM a copy of any tracks not already known to MM, and also include them into the MM db" ... you also store the links to GPM? If yes, you should say so.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sz7eenwumr6us ... 3.png?dl=0
sync with which library? ... this on a panel for syncing GPM => MM ... so this updates MM with GPM tags??! ... if so it should definitely be defaulted off IMO. ... if the direction is from MM => GPM, why is this setting on this tab?