Page 1 of 1

Deleted Playlist Names Not Being Deleted From Menus

Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:05 pm
by cmx
Windows XP

When deleting playlists using the File Tree, even thought the playlist IS deleted from the file tree(and appears to be deleted from the system), the playlist NAME is NOT deleted from from the "Send to"| "Playlist" dropdown menus...all playlists are still present in the Send To menu.

How can I clear these deleted playlists from my dropdoen menus? It's getting a bit confusing.

Thanks for any help.

Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:59 pm
by Lowlander
Do they still show after restarting MediaMonkey?

Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:02 pm
by Guest
Yes they still show after restarting. I am unable to get rid of them.

I've noticed several posts on this issue with no response:

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... t=playlist

Etc....


Any help appreciated.

Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:19 am
by Bex
I dont have that problem. (Using 2.5.3.963)

/Bex

Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:28 pm
by Guest
Thank excellent Bex. Do you have any insight into why I and others have the problem.

I'm running 253954

Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:31 pm
by cmx
I had the problem in 2.5.2 and still have it in 2.5.3.954

Thanks for any help in resolving this.

Posted: Sat May 27, 2006 5:23 am
by Bex
I'm not sure why this happens to you. But you can manually remove the entries. They are stored in "C:\Documents and Settings\*Your Name*\My Documents\My Music\MediaMonkey\Mediamonkey.ini". Open up the file in e.g. Notepad and locate [SendToPlstHist] and delete the folders entries you dont want.

/Bex

Posted: Sat May 27, 2006 6:42 pm
by cmx
Thanks, that was useful information. I was able to clear the offending entries(also had to reset the counter in the [SendToPlstHist]).

There is obviously a small bug of some sort. The only thing I can think that might have had an affect is the fact I had cleared the whole library and re-scanned. I hadn't really done anything else unusual.

Thanks again for the information on how to repair.