Files on OneDrive on demand
Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2026 10:47 pm
I'm a faithful MediaMonkey-er (since v2). I have about 50,000 files, almost all jazz and classical. Recently I uploaded a bunch of stuff to OneDrive on demand to save local disk. I can access them through Devices/Folders and they play ok. But when I'm having trouble editing the properties. Is this because these files don't access mm.db on my local drive? Is there a way to create a an mm.db in the cloud? I guess one answer might be to use the OneDrive feature that downloads selected files to my local drive thereby updating mm.db. But even if this worked, it might fill up my hard drive. Is the best idea to give up on OneDrive and spring for a RAS? (I'm a dedicated spit-and-bubblegum solution guy. I had stuck 2 USB drives off my router and it worked well until I got too creative. It doesn't work anymore because after reinstalling Windows (from scratch), I fried my Windows credentials and now I can't map a drive.)
Can you help? Is it time for a RAS?
Can you help? Is it time for a RAS?