New Lame version 3.97

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

New Lame version 3.97

Post by Lowlander »

A new version of LAME has been released. Will we see a new version or patch to MediaMonkey with this new version anytime soon (before MM 3.0)?
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

You can drop in the lame_enc.dll in to the main MM folder ( you may want to back up the original included with MM).

Seems to work for me, but I can't tell any difference (I guess thats a good thing).
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

go to the page lowlander linked to and then to the about lame then to the bottom of that page for a link to the history and change log page.

you will find they are on 3.98 beta already!! its not even been a month?

all them errors listed in all the beta's and yet i never seemed to have any of them show up? where did they find them?

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

After much searching I finally found a download of the plugin. It includes other things in the ZIP but going by what Teknojnky says you will just need to drop the lame_enc.dll in the MediaMonkey Program Files folder.
jiri

Post by jiri »

As described, you can simply use a compiled Lame you download. We plan to include Lame 3.97 in the next release.

Jiri
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Lame 3.97 is the same like 3.97b3 which is mostly the same like 3.97b2. So there are not many changes. And 3.98 is alpha not beta, so you should use it for testing only as the developer say.

Big_Berny
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design

Post by Guest »

Lowlander wrote:After much searching I finally found a download of the plugin. It includes other things in the ZIP but going by what Teknojnky says you will just need to drop the lame_enc.dll in the MediaMonkey Program Files folder.
I did the same ,but i cant see lame_enc.dll,where is that?
Guest2

Post by Guest2 »

Extract the downloaded zip file to a temp directory. It should then be there.