Windows Media Player 11 skin - Too advanced for MediaMonkey?

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Morten

Windows Media Player 11 skin - Too advanced for MediaMonkey?

Post by Morten » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:23 am

Blakeloth has done a very good job with making a WMP-looking player and feel for MediaMonkey. However, I want to make one version more accurate to WMP's look. I have gained all the resources I need, but there are however some problems which need to be sorted out from the developers first.

1) Centering of objects defined in the .ini-file. (Such as the play-button is always in the middle)
2) Horsiontal displacement of centered objects. Similar to point 1, but with one exception. The next/previous-button are always "xx"-pixels left/right from the play-button.

3) Trailing and hiding of the TrackBar. If you have tried WMP, it's a blue line which follows the TrackBar. Also there is the button which only appears if you hover over the TrackBar's defined area. The trailing should also be possible in the VolumeBar.
4) Extended glass-area. For Windows Vista, I want the glass-version of the player. (Not an important request as of yet though)
5) The possibility to place the content/actions bar (4 files, (2 selected))-thing in the Player skin.
6) The possibility to define a button which is bigger than it's pressing-area. This is due to that fact that the play-button get it's glow overlayed on the next/prev-buttons.
7) WPF-effects (Glowing-text)

In addition to this, I want and have requested the stacking feature of WMP11 and think it would make a great addition to the Album Art-viewer.

Regards,
Morten
Last edited by Morten on Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blake

Post by Blake » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:34 pm

Hi morten9300
I think that is a great idea. I was going to try and do that but decided it would take too muck work. The only problem I could see with that is people would want to use yours not mine. Oh well, too bad for me, mine is still very incomplete.

1)What is your problem with that?
I cannot answer any more of your questions

Morten

Post by Morten » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:48 am

If you have a working solution on how to center objects within the .ini-file, I'll be happy to know!

And remember blakeloth that people love originality! What I'm doing is not that (not with this skin anyway). When I'm finished you could make colored editions of it. :wink:

Blake

Post by Blake » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:03 am

You just have to change the horizontal position it in player.ini
If you wanted I could help you with that bit.
I might make colored editions of mine!

Morten

Post by Morten » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:08 am

But see Blakeloth, you have to have both right and left horisontal placements so that the play-button always is in the middle.

Blake

Post by Blake » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:11 am

You do? I thought you would just set the number that is the middle number and it would work. You will see in my Monkey11 skin i have moved the Mute button just by changing the position.

Morten

Post by Morten » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:15 am

Well, I know it's possible to horisontal place the buttons. The problem is that it isn't possible to center an object completely. The point you define in the .ini-file will, as of yet, only be the upper-left corner of your button resource.

Blake

Post by Blake » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:17 am

Ooohhhhhhhhhhh, I see what you mean now! Cant you just tell it to be a little more upper-left than the center so then the center of the button is in the center?

Morten

Post by Morten » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:26 am

Yeah it would work, but only for the defined player-width. Screenshot;

Blake

Post by Blake » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:29 am

Oh, so when you resize the player it stuffs up. hmm, I have no clue how to help that. :x

DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:40 am

if you make it non-resizeable on either side, if floats in the middle:

Code: Select all

Resizable=0,1,0,0
however, it is still anchored by it's top left pixel which makes it impossible;
if only you could set it's xpos to:

Code: Select all

player width / 2  -  button width / 2
Dale.
My Plugins: PrettyPictures [v0.9.2], Forget Crossfade [v1.0], Behind Titlebars [v0.9], Filter Nodes [v1.0.1], View Mode [1.0], BPM.tapper [v1.0]
My Site: http://www.ublik-om.net

DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:48 am

actually.. while going by the left anchor means it's not properly centred... it does still look "pretty centred".. I just tried it...

just type in the result of that equation above...

you can also do the same for the surrounding buttons, however, they cannot be positioned relative to the centre of the play button.. so the space in between the buttons will stretch when the player does...

as much as this is possible in a "limited" way.. I would love to see the developers make this properly possible

(relative position based on another element, and anchor point definition of objects)

Dale.
Last edited by DaledeSilva on Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Plugins: PrettyPictures [v0.9.2], Forget Crossfade [v1.0], Behind Titlebars [v0.9], Filter Nodes [v1.0.1], View Mode [1.0], BPM.tapper [v1.0]

Blake

Post by Blake » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:07 pm

Thanks Dale, now I might have a fiddle around with that.

DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:58 am

actually... from more testing.. it seems it's perfectly centred... but I don't understand how it could be if it's going by it's left most point... when it stretches, it's centering should be wrong it should be more to the left... however it's definitely perfectly centred...

on a related note though.. if I do the same thing and I set the pos to 0,0
it still moves towards the centre when the player is stretched.. it shouldn't.. it should remain at 0,0... the scaling seems to be off.

Dale.

DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:10 am

bit more testing...

I figured there was another way of doing it...

I set the resizable to 1,1,1,0
which would usually stretch the play button (or stretch the shape and tile the image)...
however, I then went to the theme editor and set the tile setting for the play button to center...

voila.. PERFECT centre... only probablem... a doozy;

the active area is the shape of the play button's container (which stretched - even though you can't see it)..

other method.. I put the play button image inside another skin object and called that play button (so that that would stretch and play button would centre.. but the active area still seemed to stretch and the player didn't work properly and gave an error.

Dale.