Brilliant program

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

davolente

Brilliant program

Post by davolente »

This is amazing. I can`t get over how blazingly fast it is, especially the search. I`ve tried others and they don`t hold a candle to MM. It`s especially useful to me, as I`m involved with the sound at a charity classic car show every year (for those in the UK, website is www.darlingbudsclassiccarshow.co.uk ) and I have around 7000 nostalgic mp3 items on a laptop (both music and other clips), which we pipe into the public address system, via an external USB sound box for better quality. If I see a car being paraded in the arena and I have a sound that can go with it, a quick thrash of the keys and it`s almost instantaneous! I also found out that tracks can be dragged and dropped from MM into the DJ program I use. (That reminds me, can MM`s own player be disabled, temporarily?) Far better than trying to work from the file that holds the actual tracks themselves. Scrolling and searching from that is somewhat pedestrian, to say the least! I look forward with great anticipation to the next version! :D
Peke

Post by Peke »

You can't dissable player but you can manage mouse gestures on Dbl Click so that MM do not start playing also you can hide all unneeded windows or use Mm player on secondary Sound card to preview songs.
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum
davolente

Secondary sound card preview

Post by davolente »

"use Mm player on secondary Sound card to preview songs."
I`ve been meaning to reply to this for ages but have been extremely busy. This could be very useful to me at the previously mentioned car show. How is this done? Could I use the on-board sound on the laptop for the previews, using MM own player and the external USB audio box for the main feed to the public address system? At present , I use a separate simple DJ program called "DJ System", which has an interface of a small window with its own volume control, play, cue buttons, etc; and if an extra channel is required another instance of the program is used - I can have as many "channels" as can be fitted on the screen! I drag and drop tracks from MM into the individual windows to be cued up. Be grateful for any information. Regards to you.
Peke

Post by Peke »

For controlling What sound card will be used for MM playback go to Tools->Options->Player->Output Plugins->Direct Sound(default)->Configure and under General Tab Set desired Sound output (SoundCard).

When I DJ-ed more often than now I made few MM addons Like the one I described here http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2432 There is also small General Plugin that support Set of 9 Quick Play sounds in 5 Categories that can be played along with MM (Not available as I can't find good and free Hosting for 10Mb Site). Send me PM with mail address and I'll send it to you.

I Started backup of my old site at http://mmfanbox.awardspace.com/ Where you can see info on apps.
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum