Page 1 of 2
iPhone 5 compatibility [#9740, #9924]
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:16 am
by Ludek
Hi, could anyone owning these new Apple devices test the compatibility with build 4.0.7.1502 ?
- iPhone 5
- iPod Touch 5th Generation
- iPod Nano 7th Generation
Should work with this build, but I don't have the devices to confirm.
Re: iPhone 5 compatibility
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:51 am
by murtazaj86
I can confirm that this build works with the iphone 5
Re: iPhone 5 compatibility
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:27 am
by rogerr
I've not tested extensively, but it synced several albums to my iphone5 perfectly (and seemingly faster) than previous versions of MM. I had music on the iphone that was previously synced.
Re: iPhone 5 compatibility
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:41 am
by Ludek
Re: iPhone 5 compatibility
Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:08 am
by Sixty8whiskey
Im using an iPhone 5 with iOS 6 installed. PC running Win7 64. MM 4.0.7.1504. MM recognizes my iPhone and will allow me to sync music to phone. MM shows the sync completed but my phone does not show any new music synced. Disconnected phone and restarted it and them MM shows no new music installed and phone still shows no new music installed

Re: iPhone 5 compatibility
Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:23 am
by Lowlander
In that case create a debug log of the sync (4b and 4d) with the debug version of MediaMonkey 4.0.7.1504 and send it to support:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=6&t=341
Re: iPhone 5 compatibility
Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:06 am
by Sixty8whiskey
Thx...will do!
Re: iPhone 5 compatibility
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:23 pm
by rusty
If anyone is experiencing this issue in which MM 4.0.7.1506 appears to sync to an iPhone 5, but the tracks can't be played on the iPhone 5, please share a debug log with us. We've been unable to replicate the issue, and would appreciate any help with this.
Thanks.
-Rusty
Re: iPhone 5 compatibility
Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:00 am
by UrbanDozer
I have been unable to use my Ipod Nano 7th generation with MediaMonkey thus far. The music copies to the device, and will play from the device within MM. However, once the device is disconnected, none of the music shows up on the device and I am unable to play anything. It shows there is no music on it. Also, within MM, once I have copied a substantial amount of music onto the device, the space allocation bar on the bottom of MM doesn't show that anything has been added, though the memory available on the device will change correctly when you look at device properties.
Re: iPhone 5 compatibility
Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:02 am
by UrbanDozer
UrbanDozer wrote:I have been unable to use my Ipod Nano 7th generation with MediaMonkey thus far. The music copies to the device, and will play from the device within MM. However, once the device is disconnected, none of the music shows up on the device and I am unable to play anything. It shows there is no music on it. Also, within MM, once I have copied a substantial amount of music onto the device, the space allocation bar on the bottom of MM doesn't show that anything has been added, though the memory available on the device will change correctly when you look at device properties.
I am running MM version 4.0.7.1506
Re: iPhone 5 compatibility
Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:07 am
by Lowlander
Can you create a debug log (step 4b) with the debug version of MediaMonkey 4.0.7.1506 and send it to support:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=6&t=341
Re: iPhone 5 compatibility
Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:36 pm
by HeWeMel
Sync does not work for me: MM reports, that there is not enough memory on the device. I confirm. Sync starts. Sync ends. MM reports error for all files to transfer. No files appear on device.
My Configuration: Windows XP Prof + SP 3, iPhone 5, iTunes 10.7.0.21, MM 5.0.7.1506 debug
Re: iPhone 5 compatibility
Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:46 pm
by Lowlander
HeWeMel wrote:Sync does not work for me
Also do you actually have free space on the device, are you syncing less than free space and did you enable the removal of files not on the sync list in the Device Profile?
Re: iPhone 5 compatibility
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:49 pm
by rusty
Hi,
fyi, this (error on sync for some iOS6 devices) should be completely fixed in build 1508--to be posted shortly.
-Rusty
Re: iPhone 5 compatibility
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:37 am
by Ludek
HeWeMel wrote:Sync does not work for me: MM reports, that there is not enough memory on the device. I confirm. Sync starts. Sync ends. MM reports error for all files to transfer. No files appear on device.
My Configuration: Windows XP Prof + SP 3, iPhone 5, iTunes 10.7.0.21, MM 5.0.7.1506 debug
The issue will be fixed as
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=9902 in 4.0.7.1509