Page 1 of 1

Autoname from tag

Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:13 am
by boristhemoggy
Often I come across tracks that are tagged correctly, but somewhere along the line that filename has become something like track1.mp3, so no information at all as to what it is, however, the full track info is sometimes in the tags, so you can copy it out.
Is there a way instead of auto-tagging from filename, to do the opposite and auto name the file from tags?

Re: Autoname from tag

Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:23 am
by BKKKPewsey
That is exactly what auto organise files will do (ctrl R) :)
Just use something like

Code: Select all

<Track#:2>.  <Artist> - <Title>
in the mask
The monkey will display the results before making any changes so nasty surprises :D

Re: Autoname from tag

Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:47 am
by boristhemoggy
I use auto-organise but in some cases it doesn't work. The next example I get I'll put it up for viewing.

Re: Autoname from tag

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:16 pm
by nohitter151
boristhemoggy wrote:I use auto-organise but in some cases it doesn't work. The next example I get I'll put it up for viewing.
Auto-organize is the opposite feature, to rename files/folders based on tags. You need to use Auto-tag from filename, which parses the filename/folder path into usable tags. If it's not working for you in some cases, then you probably need to change the mask that's being used to parse the file path into the various fields.