Page 1 of 1

Conflict with NMSAccess service - MM can't exit

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:23 pm
by SirDracula
Hello,

NMSAccess is a service installed by Cheetah DVD Burner software to allow non-admin users to burn CD's.

http://www.cheetahburner.com/security.html

I noticed that when I have this service running, MediaMonkey 2.5.2 Beta2 does not exit, it continues to stay in the systray. The only way to make it quit is to kill the process via the TaskManager.

If the NMSAccess service is disabled then MM seems to be OK.

I'm not sure whether this is a MM or NMSAccess issue.

Thank you for looking into it.

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:18 pm
by jiri
Please e-mail me a debug log of the problem.

Thanks,
Jiri

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:45 pm
by SirDracula
I can't give you a log because I uninstalled NMSAccess and don't plan on installing it again.

I'm sure you could try reproducing the problem yourself if you really want to fix it. If not, then at least there's a post here for people who run into the same issue and the workaround is to disable (or uninstall) NMSAccess while using MediaMonkey.

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:24 pm
by jiri
FYI, we weren't able to reproduce it.... :(

Jiri

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:27 pm
by SirDracula
Again, this is on my Intel Dual Core CPU with execution protection enabled. Do you think it has anything to do with it?

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:21 pm
by sasapuksic
I am having the same problem although I have no clue about the process called NMSAccess. I am pretty sure it doesn’t run on my system. This happens 50% of times as I want to exit or if I double click the next track (want to start another track) in now playing the MM freezes, doesn’t want to stop the icon in tray want disappear, have to kill the process, losing all the preferences changes that I have made ...

Its quite annoying…

:roll:

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:51 pm
by Lowlander
As previously mentioned you should try to create a bug log as described in the bug forum.

Problem log created - will it help?

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:34 pm
by yo
I have the same problem and don't use NMSAccess.

I have done as the instructions for reporting a bug say, and have generated the following report after running the debug form of mediamonkey:

[3484] AKRip32: SCSIPT: Checking drive E:
[3484] AKRip32: SCSIPT: GetFileHandle(): Setting for Win2K
[3484] akrip32: scsipt: CreateFile() returned 0
[3484] : Index 4: fh == 00000090
[3484] Device E: Port=0, PathId=0, TargetId=1, Lun=0
[3484] AKRip32: SPTI: Adding drive E: (0:1:0)
[3484] AKRip32: SCSIPT: Checking drive F:
[3484] AKRip32: SCSIPT: GetFileHandle(): Setting for Win2K
[3484] akrip32: scsipt: CreateFile() returned 0
[3484] : Index 5: fh == 00000098
[3484] Device F: Port=1, PathId=0, TargetId=1, Lun=0
[3484] AKRip32: SPTI: Adding drive F: (1:1:0)
[3484] AKRip32: SCSIPT: Checking drive I:
[3484] AKRip32: SCSIPT: GetFileHandle(): Setting for Win2K
[3484] akrip32: scsipt: CreateFile() returned 0
[3484] : Index 8: fh == 0000008C
[3484] Device I: Port=2, PathId=0, TargetId=0, Lun=0
[3484] AKRip32: SPTI: Adding drive I: (2:0:0)
[3484] WMDM: Inializing WMDM
[3484] WMDM: Starting action id: 0
[3484] WMDM: Creating Dev Mgr
[3484] WMDM: Geting auth interface
[3484] WMDM: End of IU
[3484] WMDM: Authenticating
[3484] WMDM: Creating Notifications
[3484] WMDM: Notifications ok.
[3484] WMDM: Looking for device changes...
[3484] <d9c>[Constructor]Reference Count: 0
[3484] <d9c>[Going to Init]Reference Count: 1
[3484] WMDM: Finished action id: 0

At this point, I try to exit, it minimizes to the systray and I am forced to kill the process if I wish to exit. Please advise if you know what might be causing this.

Thanks in advance

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:48 am
by jiri
Please run MediaMonkey_Debug.exe when capturing debug log, it wasn't used in this case.

Thanks,
Jiri