Ventis Media is proud to announce new releases of MediaMonkey for Windows and MediaMonkey for Android. Together, they let you share your media library across Windows, Android, and iOS devices.
Key improvements in these releases include:
– Synchronization between PCs and iPhone 6 / iOS 8 devices
– Synchronization improvements between PCs and Android Kitkat devices
– Improved UPnP and Wi-Fi synchronization performance
– Support for SD Cards on Android Kitkat devices
– Over 20 other fixes and improvements to each of MediaMonkey for Windows and MediaMonkey for Android.
“Although these are technically minor updates, these releases are major improvements in terms of the synchronization experience,” explained Jiri Hajek, VP Development. “Besides syncing with the latest iPhones, MediaMonkey now lets all the latest Android devices share a single Media Library that can be managed across their various PCs and devices.”
MediaMonkey is the music and movie manager for serious collectors. It works with your devices (Apple, Android, etc.), your files (MP3, AAC, FLAC, WMA, etc.), with you in full control of how your music is tagged, organized and shared. It is available on Windows, Windows tablets, and Android.
MediaMonkey for Android 1.0.7 is available via Google Play:
MediaMonkey for Windows 4.1.5 is available at:
New minor releases of MediaMonkey have recently been released:
MediaMonkey for Windows 4.1.4 includes the following improvements since version 4.1.0:
- Fixes to playback, duplicates when browsing a USB stick, data corruption issues, CD ripping / conversion, numerous UPnP issues
- Improved synchronization with MediaMonkey for Android
- 75 fixes and improvements.
MediaMonkey for Windows is available for download at:
MediaMonkey for Android 1.0.6 includes the following improvements since the initial version 1.0 release:
- Improved performance
- Fixed numerous stability issues
- Fixed numerous synchronization issues & performance
- Fixed numerous playback issues
- Fixed several UPnP issues
- Fixes database corruption that may occur in some cases
- Fixed suppression of notification sounds can disable notifications
- Fixed Folder browser doesn’t contain media without album metadata
- Fixed Video node doesn’t contain all video media types
- Fixed bookmarks shouldn’t be saved for Music Videos
- Fixed sleep timer
- Fixed duplicates can appear when some Android devices are updated
- Fixed some devices are unsupported in Google Play
MediaMonkey for Android is available via Google Play:
Ventis Media is proud to release a new member to the MediaMonkey family: MediaMonkey for Android is the media manager for serious collectors. It lets users sync, navigate, and manage their media, providing a unified view of their libraries across Windows and Android devices.
Key features in the initial release include:
- Wirelessly sync* Playlists and media, including file info, ratings, lyrics, play history, etc. with MediaMonkey for Windows 4.1.1.
- Manage Music, Classical music, Audiobooks, Podcasts, Video, etc…
- Navigate by Artist, Album, Composer, Genre, Playlist, Folder*, etc.) with support for multiple attributes (e.g. Genre=Rock; Alternative)
- Play with replay gain (volume leveling), an equalizer, and sleep timer
- Access, play, and download media from UPnP/DLNA servers*
- Edit properties for single/multiple files & lookup lyrics
- Manage single/multiple files (e.g. play, queue, add to playlist, delete, use as ringtone, share)
- Plus player widgets, scrobbler integration, search, and more…
“This first release brings to the Android platform the level of control that MediaMonkey users have come to expect,” indicated Russell Samuels. “It’s not so much a media player as it is a media manager–our focus is on building a better management tool for very large media collections.”
*MediaMonkey for Android is available as a free download, with the following upgrades available:
- Wi-Fi Sync addon: Allows unlimited wireless synchronization. Available as an in-app purchase (USB synchronization is free).
- UPnP/DLNA addon: Allows unlimited UPnP/DLNA usage. Available as an in-app purchase.
- Advanced Media Management addon: Allows unlimited lyrics lookup, home screen customization, folder browser, with more to come. Available as an in-app purchase.
- MediaMonkey Pro: Provides all of the addon features described above in one bundle. Available via Google Play.
MediaMonkey is the music and movie manager for serious collectors. It works with your devices (Apple, Android, etc.), your files (MP3, AAC, FLAC, WMA, etc.), with you in full control of how your music is tagged, organized and shared. It is available on Windows, Android, and Windows tablets.
MediaMonkey for Android is available now via Google Play:
MediaMonkey for Windows 4.1.1 is available for download at:
Ventis Media is proud to announce a major new release of MediaMonkey. It makes MediaMonkey an even better management tool for serious collectors with a range of new functionality, including:
1) Wireless synchronization with MediaMonkey for Android* and MediaMonkey for Windows 8 tablets. This allows users to sync their music collection wirelessly, while maintaining common metadata, ratings, play history, etc. across devices.
2) Bi-directional synchronization. Synchronization to Android devices is no longer a one-way street. MediaMonkey can sync media and metadata in both directions so that music purchases and edits made on the phone also appear in the main library.
3) Improved device compatibility. MediaMonkey can now sync with almost all Android and iOS 7 (iPod / iPad) devices, with little to no configuration required.
4) Improved metadata lookup. MediaMonkey can now automatically look up Artwork and Lyrics.
5) Improved media sharing. The MediaMonkey UPnP/DLNA server:
- now converts audio/video formats on the fly depending no the needs of individual UPnP/DLNA players
- adds indexed browsing which makes it easier to browse huge lists of content
- adds UPnP renderer & controller functions enabling playback of content to other devices
- can run as a service even when MediaMonkey isn’t running.
Finally, the new version improves Windows 8 compatibility, has a new coat of paint (new skin), and includes over 300 other fixes and improvements.
MediaMonkey is the music and movie manager for serious collectors. It works with your devices (Apple, Android, etc.), your files (MP3, AAC, FLAC, WMA, etc.), with you in full control of how your music is tagged, organized and shared.
A full changelog is available at:
MediaMonkey 4.1.0 is available for download now at:
* MediaMonkey for Android is currently in beta testing. Until its release later this week, MediaMonkey Pro is available at a 70% discount on Google Play.