MediaMonkey 4.x is the current version of MediaMonkey.
Before you upgrade, be aware that:
- Lifetime License holders automatically get MediaMonkey 4.0 Gold functions (there's no need for a new license).
- MediaMonkey 2.x/3.x License holders will lose access to Gold functionality on the new product. If you currently own a MediaMonkey 2.x/3.x license:
- Users who've purchased MediaMonkey 3.x between August 1, 2010 and July 31, 2011 will receive a coupon for a free upgrade to MediaMonkey 4.x Gold. If you didn't receive the coupon, just submit a support request for your upgrade, and include your original purchase order number.
- Other 3.x Gold License holders will receive a time limited coupon code entitling them to a 25% discount on the purchase of a 3.x or Lifetime license upgrade. MediaMonkey 4.x is only compatible with Win XP SP3, Vista, and Windows 7
- Prior to upgrading, it is advisable to maintain your library (go to File > Maintain library, then check "Optimize database"). MediaMonkey 4.x will automatically import your library and most settings from the previous version, though
some addons/scripts may not be compatible.
- If you're using an earlier version, you can just install the new version to your machine to upgrade.
If you want to install MediaMonkey 4 in Portable mode, and migrate your settings from a previous installation:
- Move following from the Local AppData\MediaMonkey folder to the MediaMonkey \Portable folder:
- Previews folder
- VirtualCD folder
- mediamonkey.ini, but value IsPortable=1 needs to be added to newly created section
- Move the following from the All Users \MediaMonkey folder to the MediaMonkey \Portable folder:
- Extensions folder
- Move CDPlayer.ini to the MediaMonkey \Portable folder:
- for Win XP it is located in the system folder, for higher Win version it is located in the
Local AppData folder
- Move all music files to the portable drive and re-scan and use the Locate Moved/missing tracks function