How to copy files from an iPhone, iPod or iPad to your PC
Posted by Russell Samuels on Feb 24, 2017
MediaMonkey can copy files from an iPhone, iPod or iPod to a PC.
To copy selected files:
- When the iPod/iPhone/iPad is plugged into the PC, MediaMonkey will recognize the device and it will appear in the MediaMonkey Media Tree (iTunes is required to be installed for iOS devices).
- From within the MediaMonkey, you can browse the files on the device by Artist, Album, etc. Select whatever files you want to copy.
- Click Tools > Advanced Tag Management > Synchronize Tags, so that tags of the selected files are updated to match the device's database.
- Select the files you wish to copy, right-click on them and select Auto-Organize Files from the context menu.
- Enable the option Copy files to new destination based on file tags.
- Set the Destination to which the files should be copied and click OK.
Alternative methods to copy selected files:
- If you want to add the files to the Library, Copy and then Paste the selected files into a folder in a Collections Location sub-node.
- If you want to add the files to a drive or device, without adding them to the Library, Copy and Paste the selected tracks into a folder in MediaMonkey's My Computer node.