To uninstall MediaMonkey or install a new version, MediaMonkey must not be
running. Occasionally however, after closing MediaMonkey, some files are
not immediately released by the Windows Operating System, preventing files
from being uninstalled or overwritten with new versions.
This can occur because:
o MediaMonkey isn't releasing from a connected device. In such cases
disconnect the device before closing MediaMonkey.
o Another application is locked onto a MediaMonkey .dll. To get around this
1. If MediaMonkey is running, close it.
2. Wait 15 minutes
3. Attempt to uninstall MediaMonkey or install the new version
4. If the problem persists, then either:
- Shut Down Windows and restart your PC and then try step 3 again.
- Use some Unlock app to find what files are locking MM_Helper.dll . See:
o The Windows Media MTP drivers are corrupted. The simplest solution
1. Uninstall Windows Media Player
2. Install the latest version of Windows Media Player from Microsoft's