When MediaMonkey scans your hard disk, it searches for music and
playlist file types that you've chosen. By default, Windows Media
Player and iTunes, don't store playlists in a format that can be read
by MediaMonkey. If you want MediaMonkey to read these playlists, you'll
want to export them into a format that MediaMonkey can read (e.g. .m3u
For Windows Media Player Playlists:
1. Click Library.
2. In the Contents pane (the left pane), expand the My Playlists category,
and then click a playlist to make it play.
3. On the File menu, click Save Now Playing List As (Save Playlist As in
Windows Media Player 9 Series), click Save as type, and then click M3U
4. In the File name box, type a file name for the M3U playlist, and then
5. In MediaMonkey, click File > Add Folders and scan the directory
containing the playlist(s).
For iTunes Playlists:
1. This functionality is not provided by default. Download and run either of
the following scripts:
o iTunes Export: http://www.ericdaugherty.com/dev/itunesexport/
o Export Playlist to .m3u:
2. In MediaMonkey, click File > Add Folders and scan the directory containing