If you have a soundcard and speakers capable of 5.1 sound, this can be enabled
via the included DirectSound output plugin:
1. Set the correct speaker setup configuration in Windows, and set hardware
acceleration for audio to 'full' via Windows Control Panel > Sounds and audio
devices > Speaker settings > Advanced)
2. Go into your soundcard's control panel and make sure 5.1/7.1 speakers are selected
instead of stereo speakers.
3. In MediaMonkey, go to Tools | Options | Output plug-ins and set DirectSound
as the output plug-in if it isn't already.
4. Click the 'Configure' button to configure the plugin and enable hardware acceleration
(in MediaMonkey 2.5 you'll need to switch to the 'Device' tab).
5. Make sure your sound card/chip is selected as the Output Device.
Any changes will take effect after playback is restarted.
Note: If the 'hardware acceleration' checkbox is greyed out in MediaMonkey 2.5, make
sure that the sound card drivers are up-to-date.
If that doesn't work, try upgrading to the latest version of DirectX at:
For Creative SB Live & Audigy sound cards, try enabling CMSS in the EAX Control
Panel, and remember to move the Front/Rear slider down (e.g. from 100% to 0%).
If that still doesn't work, you can try the following alternative output plugins (untested):
o Winamp's out_ds.dll: http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=122003
o Wave 5point1 plugin: http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=122003
o KB 5 Channels plugin: http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=129453