MediaMonkey does not offer native support for Real audio, however, it is possible
to play, convert, and manage Real audio files in MediaMonkey through the use of
third-party Plug-ins (tagging is not supported).
1. Read all the info posted at:
2. As instructed at the above url, install the version of Real Player linked
on the site (Some users on the forum have also reported success with
Real Player Basic, but not with recent versions of the normal version
of Real Player). Real Alternative is also available, but has not been
tested. It is available from:
3. Install the tara plug-in (from the url above). The installer will copy:
in_tara.dll to /Program Files/Winamp/Plugins/
tara.ini to /Program Files/Winamp/
4. Copy in_tara.dll to /Program Files/MediaMonkey/Plugins
5. Copy tara.ini to /Program Files/MediaMonkey/
6. By default tara adds support for the following Read Audio/Video file types:
7. If you wish to support additional file types through tara, edit the
tara.ini file and remove the ; that precedes the file types you want to
8. Open an .ra file from the MediaMonkey player and prepare to be
amazed. You can even add them to the library if you wish (although
any tags that may exist will not be imported).
Once you've verified that playback works, you'll be able to convert your files exactly
as you would convert any other file with MM, the downside being that there is no native
support for reading/writing tags. In addition, you'll be able to auto-convert .ra tracks
on the fly to another format when synching with an MP3 player!
Note: this solution will not support playback of DRM protected Real Audio files
(e.g. .rax files downloaded from the Rhapsody service).