Wifi sync stopped working (constantly refused by server)

Post a reply

Smilies
:D :) :( :o :-? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :roll: :wink:

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[flash] is OFF
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Wifi sync stopped working (constantly refused by server)

Re: Wifi sync stopped working (constantly refused by server)

by BenRad » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:48 pm

Check to see if there is an older MMW process running by opening Task Manager and clicking on the processes tab. I find that an old process will not shut down and when I start MMW up again, it prevents any devices from connecting.

Re: Wifi sync stopped working (constantly refused by server)

by Lowlander » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:39 pm

Make sure wifi sync is enabled in the Device Profile (Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync).

Re: Wifi sync stopped working (constantly refused by server)

by theguiltyparty » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:54 pm

USB syncing is all screwed up too. The android app can't find any of the files that got synced. It still thinks there's playlists that have been deleted. (I did a clean reinstall). I keep getting duplicate sync profiles, and sometimes the phone even shows up under a different name (Sony E824 or whatever instead of Xperia Z5). I wouldn't suggest updating to marshmallow for anyone who wants to keep using MMA.

Re: Wifi sync stopped working (constantly refused by server)

by Guest » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:05 pm

Oops, should probably also mention I recently updated to android 6.0. I'm fairly sure I've never successfully synced since doing that.

Wifi sync stopped working (constantly refused by server)

by Guest » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:05 pm

I have a Sony Xperia Z5 that used to wifi sync without problems. Then one day MMA crashed and corrupted its database and I had to reinstall (cleared the cache, deleted all music and /mediamonkey directories, deleted sync profiles on pc, uninstalled and reinstalled MMA).

Now I can't wifi sync at all. My phone just says 'Wifi sync refused by server, make sure it's enabled etc'

In the Media Sharing window of the MM server, I can see all the Denied requests from every time I tried to do it from the phone. They look like:

Status: Denied, Client Name: Apache-httpclient/unavailable (java 1.5), Requested File: /DeviceID=someuuid_DeviceName=Sony E5823 - SD Card_ItemID=DeviceConfig.xml

Everything is enabled, boxes are checked, etc. This used to work just fine.

MMA Pro version:1.1.3.0554
MM Gold version: 4.1.11.1783

Top