My library stopped scanning the afternoon of making my last post once I arrived at my place of work!
So it seems at the moment, my library on MMA is all good again - after doing a couple of syncs since, I'm not experiences any scanning loops. I'm wondering if - possibly - it's because I was no longer at home where my Mediamonkey Server is connected to the WiFi? But that may just be speculation!
A couple of other bugs that I've noticed, and I didn't want to span the forum with multiple topics:
Updating metadata to server
I notice when uploading changed metadata (in my case, it's usually ratings, occasionally title/artists, and obviously playcounts) the updater tends to go to 100/(x amount files) and then hangs for quite a long time. Sometimes it fails, and not all of the metadata gets synced.
When I'm doing a sync, often - but not always - after completing the sync, it will go ahead and intialise another sync right after.
If I cancel the sync, particularly in the "initialising" phase, MMA tends to hang on "Terminating..." for quite a long time. BUT: if I close MMW, or Restart the Mediamonkey Service on Windows, it cancels afterwards straight away; so it seems to be related to being connected to the MMW library.
This is on the Samsung A54G; I think the bugs may be something to do with this phone, as my previous Samsung S10+ didn't tend to have these specific problems.
Hope these are useful for the continued development of the MediaMonkey app - and as always, thanks heaps for continued work!