I tried to play something from the Web using MM5
I was in Music>Artists>xxxx ... and I have the main panel toggled to Online.
I tried playing an album that i don't own. I was hoping to see some integration with my Google Play Music account, which I have authorised MM5 to access.
But no ... it went to YouTube, or somewhere like that
The experience was horrible .. I could hear some music ... I could see some artist pics ... but I lost control of my PC
No way to close the window ... Very high CPU usage ... Task bar very very slow to respond to clicks ... unable to close any program, or save any work in progress in other apps.
I managed to kill the MM5 app off, but the cpu looping persisted
.... I tried to get a debug log, but although MM services where monopolising my CPU, nothing was being logged.
Rebooting the PC is not much fun either ... any sites that you sync to (eg. Google Drive, Dropbox etc) go nuts, and light up the cpu for a long time ... and the Google Music Manager re-synced each of the 45,000 tracks that I have uploaded there.
So not happy ... that was yesterday ... I was going to report this, but not at all interested in testing this again.
But .. today, after powering up my PC after overnight, I opened MM5 to check something that dtsig had reported in another thread ... I had trouble replicating ... I saw that he was playing something when the issue happened to him ... so I pressed the MM5 play button to make something play, forgetting what was the last item that I have playing.
So the same thing happened again ... MM5 turned my PC into a zombie, and ruined my morning ... this time no forced GPM resync, presumably because I had not opened D&S>GPM today.
So it has happened twice ... and it happens the instance that I press the MM5 play button.