Second PC playing music off another PC both running mmw

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

iloveaiff

Second PC playing music off another PC both running mmw

Post by iloveaiff » Sat May 25, 2019 5:58 pm

I have MeidaMonkey lifetime Gold licence. So I want to install mmw on a second PC hooked up to the lounge sound system.

I use the study PC to record streaming radio and split out across various auto playlists - namely around rated or not and by station - and a bunch of other auto-playlists.

Is it possible to play mmw on the lounge PC from the study PC with the auto-playlists coming up? Or should I duplicate the playlists (they just have 'pathname contains' and rating critera) and do something that way?

Then I sync to my Android device, thereby having a full radio-streaming rate-and-sort workflow going.

Thanks!

Lowlander

Re: Second PC playing music off another PC both running mmw

Post by Lowlander » Mon May 27, 2019 10:03 am

This is what DLNA can do for you. See: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... ervers/4.0
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

iloveaiff

Post by iloveaiff » Wed May 29, 2019 5:18 am

Thanks that's useful.

Is there any way to remotely manage the library though. Ie what I want to do is to remotely rate the files.

Is the best way to do this to set up a share drive and have MMW use the same share? That won't allow MM Mobile to manage the library though so I guess I'll have to keep syncing for that.

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Wed May 29, 2019 10:03 am

Not yet. They're working on a MediaMonkey Server, which allows editing from MM5. I'm not sure if editing from MMA will also be included.

So yes, sync to MMA, edit, and you can sync the changes back to MMW.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)