Incremental volume & track seek controls not working when MM not in focus

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

MagGyver

Incremental volume & track seek controls not working when MM not in focus

Post by MagGyver »

Hi all,

I'm not sure if I'm using the right terminology, so please pardon me if this has been answered. I may not know the correct search terms to use.

Longtime MM Gold user here, and last year when I started live streaming, my uses for MM changed. Perhaps this behavior has always been present and I didn't notice it until now, but I would like to know if this is a fixable issue.

MM 4.1.31.1919. Windows 10. If MM is the window in focus, I can use my scroll wheel on my trackball, while the cursor hovers over either the seek slider or volume slider, and incrementally control the seek or the volume. A single roll of my scrollwheel and the volume adjusts up/down a notch, or the seek timeline advances/rewinds 10 seconds per roll.

If MM is NOT the focus, as is often the case when I'm streaming, if I hover the cursor over either the seek timeline or the volume control, one roll causes the seek to move to the beginning or end of the track, or if volume, turns it to 0 or 100. This can be incredibly frustrating when I'm streaming and monitoring levels in my broadcasting app. That extra click it takes to change focus into MM is a few extra seconds that I don't often have while multitasking as I stream.

I am unable to migrate to MM5 yet, due to some extensions I use daily, so I would love to know if this could be addressed in MM4. Is the MM team continuing to patch MM4, or is there a workaround you could suggest? Thanks in advance.
DJ Maggie
MM user since 2005
MMW5, MMA
linktr.ee/djmaggie
MagGyver

Re: Incremental volume & track seek controls not working when MM not in focus

Post by MagGyver »

Hi all, and happy new year! It's been a couple of months since I posted this, and I see there haven't been any replies. Am I the only one who is experiencing this?
DJ Maggie
MM user since 2005
MMW5, MMA
linktr.ee/djmaggie
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Global MM settings can be overridden by focused app. Chrome was/is known app that blocks Media Controls.

Can you test and pay attention what app was in focus?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MagGyver

Post by MagGyver »

Peke wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:44 am Hi,
Global MM settings can be overridden by focused app. Chrome was/is known app that blocks Media Controls.

Can you test and pay attention what app was in focus?
Hi, yes, most of the time it's either Photoshop, Lightroom or OBS when I see the issue happen, although I do often have Chrome open, just not taking front focus. And by the way, I have the same version of MM (4.1.31.1919) installed on a second Windows 10 laptop with all the same apps installed, and both laptops are running 20H2 build 19042.1466. On the other laptop, MM volume/track seeking works with my scroll wheel as expected, but on my current laptop it does not. Would it be helpful to capture a log from both for some kind of comparison?
DJ Maggie
MM user since 2005
MMW5, MMA
linktr.ee/djmaggie