Deleted Metadata Keep Coming Back + Unrecognisable Metadata

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Milky

Deleted Metadata Keep Coming Back + Unrecognisable Metadata

Post by Milky »

Hi there, I've got 2 problems with metadata. First, with some songs, they had a track # and genre when I downloaded them and I removed them instantly. But for some reason they keep on coming back every time I open MediaMonkey (both 4 & 5). As far as I know I've turned off any metadata look-up.

Also, for some albums, they appear with no metadata when they are read by my MediaMonkey Android. Which is weird, because the metadata works perfectly within MediaMonkey PC. I've tried removing the metadata, putting it back and exporting again but no luck. These albums worked before but not anymore.
Lowlander

Re: Deleted Metadata Keep Coming Back + Unrecognisable Metadata

Post by Lowlander »

1) Which node in the Media Tree are you seeing this in? Is Infer File Properties enabled under Tools > Options > Library?

2) MMA relies on Android Media Scanner for this information, so it may be failing to pick this up. What File Type(s) are affected?
Milky

Post by Milky »

1) I'm looking through the Playlist and Music nodes in both MediaMonkey 4 & 5. But they always recover incorrect metadata regardless of the node it seems. Yes, here are my settings. Random track numbers and genres still keep coming back after being deleted. Anything I should change?

2) Super unsatisfying, but I booted up MediaMonkey 5 and the album arts had been mysteriously removed from the tracks in question. I replaced them and then exported again to my phone. For some reason the metadata is being recognised. Couldn't tell you how at all, I can't see why this happened. Sorry about that.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) Disable Infer Properties as it will try to get empty tags from the filenames.

2) When Syncing from MMW, MMW will update the MMA database directly, thus tags work better this way.
Milky

Post by Milky »

I've been wanting to sync my files for a while now but I could never figure out how. Could you direct me to a guide or tutorial on how to do so? Thank you.
Milky

Post by Milky »

Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but genre tags keep on re-appearing even though I always delete them and I've turned off infer file properties in both MediaMonkey 4 and 5.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Sometimes multiple tags exist in the file for the same field. How did you remove the tags and what File Type are you working with?
Milky

Post by Milky »

Basically, I don't want any of my songs to have a genre tag but they come back despite being deleted. My method of deleting them is by just selecting the value in Properties and deleting it. I should also add that they do actually get deleted temporarily but they always come back later (I usually notice it a day or so later).

I'm working with MP3 files. Also, sometimes the same thing will happen with track #. If I delete a song's track number it'll come back. I've only found this problem when importing MP3 files that already had these values written into them when they were imported. Let me know if there's any other information you need.

EDIT: One inconvenient yet wokring fix I've found is putting the file into Audacity and exporting as it is. The only problem is that there are hundreds of files to go through. Surely there's something I'm missing right?
Milky

Post by Milky »

SOLVED!
For anyone else who was having the same problems, I was able to solve it by deleting the metadata that keeps on coming back and then executing Ctrl+S on the selected songs (Edit Tags -> Update Tags).